Post by jmontani » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:59 am

Maybe this module has been discussed before but does anyone know if the Webkul module for Quickbook sync actually works? I'm regretting purchasing the module now after doing all the steps to install extension to find the documentation sets you up as a Intuit Developer to use this in a sandbox mode. It has you develop your own app in developer mode which you cannot use as a extension app to connect to my own Quickbook Online account. It kinda looks like a cheat to use Quickbooks via sandbox in developer mode.

Anyone else have any work on this extension? Help wanted.

Post by jmontani » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:44 am

Stay tuned. I am working with Webkul support for answers. Will leave full report soon.

Post by jmontani » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:56 pm

After spending hours in communications with Webkuls support, they would never directly answer my questions and only kept leading me back to their blog instruction for installing. Which only creates a Sandbox Company account in Developer Mode. https://webkul.com/blog/opencart-quickbooks-connector/

The Instruction has you developing the app in developer to connect Quickbooks and Opencart, so the question that continues to come back to me is WHY Webkul does not create the APP? If the APP would be legit, you would be able to enter your private account information and use. If anyone has any other information that can prove it actually works outside the developer mode please provide for others.
Last edited by jmontani on Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by jmontani » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:36 pm

OK, I have been doing crash reading in Intuit developer website resources. And as I find more I will post. I stand corrected by viewing the legal resources at intuit that it is legal for developers to publish and not publish apps for private sites. See image from Intuit resources attached.

The process Webkul is using is their extension uses the app developed in your Intuit Developer site sandbox for the private use as the link to YOUR personal QB Online account. Although I am disappointed Webkuls document does not give you the needed information to gather the Production codes and where and what links for you to make this work with YOUR QB Online account. I have like probably others that have made this extension from Webkul work, have had to figure this out on their own. If your a developer your probably just fine, if you have computer background or newbie you will find this frustrating.

As I continue to test this function of developing Intuit app and the Webkul extension for QB connector I will continue to post.

Attachments

authflowimagemap.jpg

authflowimagemap.jpg (119.31 KiB) Viewed 2290 times

Post by jmontani » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:56 pm

Best to hire a freelancer to install this extension if your not a developer. The freelancer will help you put your private information in where needed. The Webul doc only has you setting up a sandbox test. Not enough information guiding users how to make go live production to your QB Online account. I would not recommend putting your private data in a sandbox company, not sure of security issues.

Post by jmontani » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:02 am

OK, Final entry to Webkuls Quickbook module. I believe this module will work and be very helpful.

A breakdown to some answers to questions to the instructions for how to load the module.

1. it is legal to open a Intuit developer account to use to develop your private app to interface between Webul module and your Opencart Online account.
2. The install instructions from Webkul does not lead you step by step to connect to your Live/Production use of the app.
3. If not a developer, you will most likely need help acquiring the needed information to complete your live app.
4. If protecting your current data from others viewing, I suggest opening a new free trial Opencart Online, have developer connect for you, review the setup with developer on how to change to your existing QBO account, then change access passwords and make the changes to make your QBO account Live with module.
5. Not to put to much negative on the Support from Webkul, but their support people will only lead back to the their installation instructions which will not answer your go live questions.

I am still working on my own to complete the installation due to my company data is private and confidential. I am still hoping for a good results as I am sure others would find this module quite useful time saver with accounting records.

Best of luck to all. JM

Post by jmontani » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:07 am

I am very happy to report the good people at Webkul has updated their Installation Support Document online to make it much clearer for installation guide for Live Quickbooks Online setup. Although I had trouble with support, I am very surprised and happy they have now updated their installation document to help others going forward. 5 Stars. Best to all.

https://webkul.com/blog/opencart-quickbooks-connector/

Post by webkul » Fri May 10, 2019 1:43 pm

jmontani wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:07 am
I am very happy to report the good people at Webkul has updated their Installation Support Document online to make it much clearer for the installation guide for Live Quickbooks Online setup. Although I had trouble with support, I am very surprised and happy they have now updated their installation document to help others going forward. 5 Stars. Best to all.

https://webkul.com/blog/opencart-quickbooks-connector/
Hello There,
Greetings for the day!
Thanks for the acknowledgment. Further, trouble caused is deeply regretted. If you still have any issues then please share with us so that we can provide you better assistance regarding the module.
Thanks & Regards
Team Webkul

Opencart Marketplace Extension - Opencart Marketplace
Opencart Services Opencart services
Quality Opencart Extensions Opencart Extensions
Opencart SAAS extension Opencart SAAS extension

Location - A-67 , Sector -63 Noida 201301 (U.P) - India