Post by straightlight » Fri May 10, 2019 12:46 am

catalog/model/catalog/product.php step has now been updated entirely with the getBestsellers' entire method. It should now work by categories to pull the related product IDs as intended.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Fri May 10, 2019 2:12 am

- Added the order customer group ID in WHERE clause from catalog/model/catalog/product.php file since the tax field is implicit in the objective.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Fri May 10, 2019 3:08 am

- Edited the deleteSearch method to correspond to category IDs and subcategory IDs instead of non-distinct product IDs. All should be working fine now.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by masterross » Fri May 10, 2019 5:11 am

Hi,
It's me again :)
Sorry to bother you but what are you trying to achieve using customer search table??
There is nothing there to connect it with orders.
Moreover you getting date from customer_search MIN(`cs`.`date_added`) AS `date_start` and then in GROUP BY YEAR(`o`.`date_added`) ?

Sorry for stupid questions but I'm trying do understand...

Pottery Glaze shop

Post by straightlight » Fri May 10, 2019 5:26 am

The entire concept has been explained on my first post before the codes. Please take the time to read it.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Fri May 10, 2019 5:59 am

- Added $this->getProduct with query and returned in $product_data as per the original query
- Added cache with $product_data as per the original query

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Fri May 10, 2019 6:20 am

- Added customer search versus product filter in the catalog model
- Edited catalog controller file to fit the model's requirements accordingly

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Fri May 10, 2019 6:45 am

- Added recurring status in query from catalog model. All options are in now.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Fri May 10, 2019 9:10 am

From now on, modifications will be made on my GitHub namespace for this extension. See first post for more details.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by diegospm » Sat May 11, 2019 7:02 am

straightlight wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:47 am
In OC v3.x releases (and perhaps prior), the bestsellers extension is based on the highest prices being sold which provides the vision on noticing the ordered products that have been purchased with limited results. However, since Opencart v3.0.2.0 and above has a customer search method built-in, I thought of the idea on migrating the customer search with the ordered product results - including the updates of product options within the customer search table whenever an order has been created.

These changes now involves Demand Management with the Service Strategy as it should be. Based on the customer's service request, in this case the customer search results, store owners can now filter by total or by the most recent search queries which makes much more sense. Demands will keep increasing by customers and, in this case, for a good cause. Each products involving changes with the product options will automatically be updated in the customer search based on the last time the identical product was purchased which will only require a low amount of resource. This methodology will allow store owners to keep track of the demands vs. the sales all in the same place as for customers having an account will be able to notice the change (if not, then later on with an extension).

Edit: From now on, see from my GitHub namespace all files called: bestseller.php, catalog/model/account/search.php and catalog/model/catalog/product.php files: https://github.com/straightlight/openca ... ter/upload

Lastly, FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=176&p=739789#p718325

It would be a great feature to have among the core.
This approach is very interesting. If I understand the concept well, does this approach AI? Or also a type of internal remarketing?

Could it be extended to the other modules (latest, featured, etc)?

Post by straightlight » Sat May 11, 2019 8:19 am

This approach is very interesting. If I understand the concept well, does this approach AI? Or also a type of internal remarketing?
It focuses on the best practices of Service Strategy with Service Management; not remarketing. Since there's a lot of people using OC for Marketing in general, better to set a higher level. ;)
Could it be extended to the other modules (latest, featured, etc)?
Latest and featured are based on products that just arrived or about to arrived on stock based on the store's or its service provider's perspective. It does not bring much value other than what it's worth upon its arrival since new arrivals are at their bottom levels to meet the demands while the best seller products extension module is what grows the demands being gathered from the customer search feature based on what the customers are specifically looking for but also buying officially.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by diegospm » Sat May 11, 2019 9:03 am

Sorry, I made a little confusion, I think I got it now.

About my suggestion, what I envisioned was related to an attempt to buy / buy and customer search. For example: if the client is logged and search iphone term, posteriorly during in store navigation, the modules automatically displays iphone related products.

If the customer buys, would be listed products related to the purchase. Not necessarily latest or featured modules, I used these just as an example...

Post by straightlight » Sat May 11, 2019 7:29 pm

diegospm wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:03 am
Sorry, I made a little confusion, I think I got it now.

About my suggestion, what I envisioned was related to an attempt to buy / buy and customer search. For example: if the client is logged and search iphone term, posteriorly during in store navigation, the modules automatically displays iphone related products.

If the customer buys, would be listed products related to the purchase. Not necessarily latest or featured modules, I used these just as an example...
Suggestion now added on catalog/model/catalog/product.php in my GitHub namespace. Good idea. :)

However, I also added more ideas with your suggestions since the model's method still needs to focus specifically on service providers where products are NOT free. ;)

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by diegospm » Sat May 11, 2019 8:56 pm

ok!

I know it's not related to the topic, but how about we add an api library?

It would facilitate the development of extensions to connect to external apps.

For example:

$api new Api ('base_url', $options);
$api->auth($params);
$api->post('endpoint', $ data);

I would use guzzle to make the request. I would use guzzle to make the request. I can upload library scope....

Post by straightlight » Sat May 11, 2019 9:28 pm

There's no need to re-invent the wheel by using an API. Simply use this example: viewtopic.php?f=202&t=203512&p=720446#p720446 . Then, once the token gathered at the bottom, use the custom codes as you see fits to return the results to your jQuery response.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by diegospm » Sun May 12, 2019 7:41 am

straightlight wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:28 pm
There's no need to re-invent the wheel by using an API. Simply use this example: viewtopic.php?f=202&t=203512&p=720446#p720446 . Then, once the token gathered at the bottom, use the custom codes as you see fits to return the results to your jQuery response.
maybe you did not understand to my suggestion or I did not understand the proposal of the topic you mentioned.

The purpose of the api would be to connect the OC in external sites / apps (erps, marketplaces, payments provider, shippings provider, etc) and not the other way around.

In some countries (such as mine), the OC is not yet extensively exploited by external providers and api could simplify to developers create extensions.

It would not be necessary to create a curl function to connect to each app and I thought about the guzzle to be able to use requests async/promise (when necessary).

Post by straightlight » Sun May 12, 2019 7:56 am

diegospm wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 7:41 am
straightlight wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:28 pm
maybe you did not understand to my suggestion or I did not understand the proposal of the topic you mentioned.

The purpose of the api would be to connect the OC in external sites / apps (erps, marketplaces, payments provider, shippings provider, etc) and not the other way around.

In some countries (such as mine), the OC is not yet extensively exploited by external providers and api could simplify to developers create extensions.

It would not be necessary to create a curl function to connect to each app and I thought about the guzzle to be able to use requests async/promise (when necessary).
Yes, I understood very well. If you want to do this the other way around, it can also be done via the Ajax URL. If you don't know how to build an API, this could be done as a custom paid job. If you'd like, you could submit a service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to get it done.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by diegospm » Sun May 12, 2019 8:37 am

Ok, I know how to create the api, but the purpose of my post was to make it simpler in the OC library.

I understood the post, but the central point of the question is to take this type of proposal to the library of the oc... ;)

Post by straightlight » Sun May 12, 2019 10:28 am

An after event would be more ideal than an OC library file, in this case. With modulated events, you can automate the tasks between OC and the provided API post.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:39 am

The detailed concept of the BestSellers extension has now been completed and will also be compatible with the Master Branch URLs of Opencart from now on.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON