Post by aNe » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:09 am

Good evening

I just installed opencart (2.3.0.2).
The installation presented no error.

But when I try to log in as admin, I can't.
It doesn't display an error, just reacts like I never pressed login.
If I input the wrong password, I get the error: No match for Username and / or Password.
I found out that the password is immediately changed in the database but even when I change it back, I still can't log in.
I have been trying for four hours, and I've installed and uninstalled at least 5 times.

Thanks in advance.

aNe

Post by RhysMcW » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:39 pm

I had the exact same issue and seemed to get it sorted by clearing my browser cache and cookies, multiple times, and now when I login I get to the admin pages as normal.
Give it a try...

Post by ShariB23 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:44 am

I have the same problem too. I tried emptying the cache and cookies many, many times, as suggested but I still have the problem. At the bottom of the page the following message is displayed:

Warning: SessionHandler::write(): open(/var/php_sessions/sess_64d612a27fb4eef965677bb2ad672eb7, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /hermes/walnaweb04a/b490/moo.wsbutlercom/billycooks.com/shop/system/library/session/native.php on line 21

Post by rjcalifornia » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:26 am

aNe wrote:Good evening

I just installed opencart (2.3.0.2).
The installation presented no error.

But when I try to log in as admin, I can't.
It doesn't display an error, just reacts like I never pressed login.
If I input the wrong password, I get the error: No match for Username and / or Password.
I found out that the password is immediately changed in the database but even when I change it back, I still can't log in.
I have been trying for four hours, and I've installed and uninstalled at least 5 times.

Thanks in advance.
Did you clear your browser's cache?

Try this, perhaps? http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 26&start=0

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by ShariB23 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:49 am

I have cleared my browser cache, deleted cookies, tried it on 3 different browsers, and tried the suggested change of password to no avail. Thank you for that link however because that was something I wanted to try. ;)

It still goes back to an empty login page with this message at the very bottom of the page:
Warning: SessionHandler::write(): open(/var/php_sessions/sess_1a52675cb22c2fbced87e70fd8700016, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /hermes/walnaweb04a/b490/moo.wsbutlercom/billycooks.com/shop/system/library/session/native.php on line 21

The server error log says the same except it ends with line 17 instead of 21.

I just noticed that message comes up at the bottom of the page even before attempting to enter login info.

Post by OSWorX » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:06 pm

It seems that you have a problem with your server settings.
Because
Warning: SessionHandler::write(): open(/var/php_sessions/sess_1a52675cb22c2fbced87e70fd8700016, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /hermes/walnaweb04a/b490/moo.wsbutlercom/billycooks.com/shop/system/library/session/native.php on line 21
shows clearly that you cannot write / open files inside the sessions / temp directory.
And check also - if exists and correct set - the permissions and owner.

Check your server config and the settings about this and it should work afterwards.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by ShariB23 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:45 am

Thank you! The sessions folder was set to 755 but the php files inside were at 644. I was able to figure out it was a read/write problem, and had checked the permissions on the folder. I must have forgotten to check inside. I was worried I might have had to add an .htaccess file to turn on rewrite or something. Clearly I am not a programmer. Thank you for your assistance. Sometimes what is clear and obvious to one person isn't always so easy to figure out for another. I'm grateful for the assistance found on this forum! Thank you again!! :)

Post by watermonkey79 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:55 am

I have the same problem and changed all the promising to 755 and still no luck

Post by gabosom85 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:45 am

did you ever figure out your problem?

Post by LorenaUY » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:54 am

Has anyone been able to solve it?
I changed the permissions and it is not solved.
Change of hosting, within the same company IPAGE and the error appears only on the new side, not on the old one-

Post by OSWorX » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:31 am

LorenaUY wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:54 am
Change of hosting, within the same company IPAGE and the error appears only on the new side, not on the old one-
Solve what??
And changed permissions to what?
Do you really think we are clairvoyants?

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by LorenaUY » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:50 am

OSWorX wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:31 am
LorenaUY wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:54 am
Solve what??
And changed permissions to what?
Do you really think we are clairvoyants?
Have you read all the posts?
Very kind to respond in that way. Obviously not, I have the problem that I indicated, I changed the permissions as indicated here and the same message keeps appearing.

Post by OSWorX » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:48 pm

Well I did, and answered already.
But your posting says nothing about the problems you have, nor what you have done exactly to solve that.

Saying only 'changed permissions' is not enough.
You have changed the permissions of what to what?

For example changing everything to 0755 is useless and stupid (as someone did).
It makes also no sense to change a subfolder to 0755 while the main folder has 0644 (for example).

And did you also check the folder and file owner?

So better provide more details and tell us what is your problem and what have you already done.
And which message is displayed.

Guru Member

Location - Austria