Post by exibar » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:56 am

oh no... I'm following the instructions on this link:
https://isenselabs.com/posts/how-to-upg ... easy-steps

and I'm at the upgrade step but I'm getting this error message..... am I hosed? ;-(

SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0 OK
Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /<location redacted>/system/library/db/mysql.php on line 7
{"success":"Patch 1000 has been applied (1 of 9)","next":"<location redacted>install\/index.php?route=upgrade\/upgrade\/next&step=2"}

I click the continue button and this just keeps coming up no matter how many times I click it...
should I navigate out to
<location redacted>/install\/index.php?route=upgrade\/upgrade\/next&step=2
manually and try again?

I dont' want to dig myself deeper :-(

please help!
thanks all!
Mike B

Post by exibar » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:28 am

so i did the following:
I added the following code into config.php and admin/config.php files
I changed
define('DB_DRIVER', 'mysql');
to
define('DB_DRIVER', 'mysqli');

and added in this:
define('DB_PORT', '3306');

but now I'm getting a bigger error :-(
Internal Server Error Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator at webmaster to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I'm reviewing the error logs now as well..... dang this was supposed to be an easy upgrade too :-(

Mike B

Post by exibar » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:39 am

cannot allocate memory??? oh geeze really? I've opened up a support ticket with my hosting provider... but does anyone know any way around this error message? My ocart site barely has a dozen items on it at the moment, so it's not like I'm trying to upgrade all of Amazon LOL

the server error log entry:
[Mon Mar 25 19:31:58.390817 2019] [:error] [pid 17811] (12)Cannot allocate memory: [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:50614] couldn't create child process: xxxxxxxxx/suphp for /xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxinstall/index.php, referer: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/install/in ... de/upgrade

any thoughts or help or sympathetic looks?

thanks!
Mike B