Post by straightlight » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:46 am

[Update: April 15 2020] - Deprecation of PP Express from the master branch and from Opencart's Github master branch. From now on, users are being encouraged to use the PayPal merchant extension on the marketplace for all regions who are eligible to use it: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=38358 .

Several bug fixes have been applied to the PayPal Express Checkout files, since several users reported issues on the forum. First, take a screenshot of your PP Express admin configuration form and uninstall the extension. Then, replace the files. Then, reinstall the extension and enable the Debug Mode and the Site Maintenance mode from the OC admin. Lastly, follow the FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=176&p=739789#p718325 .

This should resolved the issue with PayPal Express Checkout. A new topic will be addressed to the hollows team to confirm an on-going issue for this extension payment module.

After replacing the files: viewtopic.php?f=176&p=739789#p718325

For more information regarding the latest update, please read this post on the topic: viewtopic.php?f=201&t=210578#p750082

Resolution confirmation: viewtopic.php?f=201&t=210578&start=40#p750773

Package now available on GitHub: https://github.com/straightlight/opencart_contributions

[Update: June 13 2019] - viewtopic.php?f=201&t=210578&p=757428#p757428 .

[Update: December 27 2019] - https://github.com/straightlight/openca ... d_list.txt
Last edited by straightlight on Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:18 am, edited 22 times in total.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by blocks1 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:22 pm

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'protected' (T_PROTECTED) in /home/mysite.com/admin/controller/extension/payment/pp_express.php on line 408

just after install + cant view the extension

Post by chaminda » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:34 pm

same problem don't try this, atleast anyway to restore to old extension ?

Post by straightlight » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:07 am

Package updated. The errors described above were about minor typos. They have now been fixed.

- Added error API messages on admin controller and TWIG file
- Replaced hardcoded text with language variables
- Added language text in language file
- Cleaned controller files
- Added more triggers to the PayPal Express Logs for troubleshooting
- Added error pages with error text so that merchants gets notified more in details of what is going on
- Reported most latest issues from the package on GitHub: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/7272
same problem don't try this, atleast anyway to restore to old extension ?
Cheer up there. Once the end of the world will truly arrived, you'll know it! . That's what the forum is for; for the whole world to know about the product. Reverting back to the previous version of the extension definitely won't solved the issue. The reason why the problem was not fixed on a short basis is because we all have lives. I already make as much fix as I can and no reason for anyone to be told that these bugfixes should not be tried.

Thanks to: blocks1 for reporting the typos.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by blocks1 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:55 am

it works!,

i couldn't add a custom logo for paypal page unfortunately but its no biggy..
also during checkout i got one soft error type of thing, see screenshot.

great work, i was never going to downgrade opencart so very thankful for this contribution..

Attachments

cart.jpg

cart.jpg (16.91 KiB) Viewed 60298 times

Post by straightlight » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:09 am

For the custom logo, I did noticed the changes in the PayPal Express API's parameters from the controller which the imglogo no longer seem to be supported but rather the header image logo can be added from the OC admin-end in the extension form.

As for the error message you are having, ensure that the total amount of the selected products are not higher than your configured total for PayPal Express in the OC admin extension form. Also ensure that the geo zones are properly configured - both from your admin geo zones and admin settings for each stores. In addition, ensure that your geo zones are properly configured from the extension itself in the OC admin form.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by blocks1 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:31 am

managed to get a couple other snags,

it also says it is enabled even when it is disabled,

on the second screenshot, i had to ctrl, shift and R to reset the cache and then it worked until i went to pay then said the same thing, "Your payment has been completed. To continue shopping, please return to the merchant."

in the url bar for the pp popup window it has "genericError?code=" in the url string

i removed gzip compression from my htaccess file incase.. as i was experiencing issues with login on certain pages and things in the cart on the cart page even when logged out? doesnt seem to help the plugin

i will keep testing..

Attachments

success-weird.png

success-weird.png (27.58 KiB) Viewed 60272 times

second-strange.jpg

second-strange.jpg (36.68 KiB) Viewed 60272 times

Post by straightlight » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:42 am

The main cause was that the previous PP Express extension before the fix that multiple users were reporting about on the forum lately was about a redirection issue. This part seem to have been resolved, however. It would require a second user to test this fix to see if on your end, it is simply a matter of settings that is affecting your domain as we speak.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by blocks1 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:21 pm

Hopefully chaminda can get the courage to update.. we'll see if someone else pops in.. i am currently investigating some errors with loading sourceguardian and imagick after upping my php version to 7.1 yesterday so i expect it is that..

cheers
A

Post by straightlight » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:50 am

So far, there's nothing wrong with the code that would interfere with the features as compared to the original files. Feel free to try this fix with a solid PCI server.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:18 pm

straightlight wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:50 am
So far, there's nothing wrong with the code that would interfere with the features as compared to the original files. Feel free to try this fix with a solid PCI server.
Have you also had a chance to take a look at this PayPal Express issue?

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by straightlight » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:30 am

JNeuhoff wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:18 pm
straightlight wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:50 am
Have you also had a chance to take a look at this PayPal Express issue?
Issue spotted about that field. I am currently working on it. I will update the package on the first post once finished and send an update on Github.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by chaminda » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:21 am

Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: Error: Table 'domain.oc_paypal_order' doesn't exist
Error No: 1146
INSERT INTO `oc_paypal_order` SET `order_id` = '15', `date_added` = NOW(), `date_modified` = NOW(), `capture_status` = 'Complete', `currency_code` = 'AUD', `total` = '57', `authorization_id` = '123456789' in /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01ad/b2265/account/domain/system/library/db/mysqli.php:40 Stack trace: #0 /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01ad/b2265/..../storage-la/modification/system/library/db.php(58): DB\MySQLi->query('INSERT INTO `oc...') #1 /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01ad/b2265/.../.../catalog/model/extension/payment/pp_express.php(44): DB->query('INSERT INTO `oc...') #2 /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01ad/b2265/ipg.laodelph/storage-la/modification/system/engine/loader.php(256): ModelExtensionPaymentPPExpress->addOrder(Array) #3 /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01ad/b2265/.../..../system/engine/proxy.php(47): Loader->{closure}(Array, Array) #4 /herme in /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01ad/b2265/..../..../system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 40

Post by straightlight » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:58 am

chaminda wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:21 am
Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: Error: Table 'domain.oc_paypal_order' doesn't exist
Error No: 1146
INSERT INTO `oc_paypal_order` SET `order_id` = '15', `date_added` = NOW(), `date_modified` = NOW(), `capture_status` = 'Complete', `currency_code` = 'AUD', `total` = '57', `authorization_id` = '123456789' in /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01ad/b2265/account/domain/system/library/db/mysqli.php:40 Stack trace: #0 /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01ad/b2265/..../storage-la/modification/system/library/db.php(58): DB\MySQLi->query('INSERT INTO `oc...') #1 /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01ad/b2265/.../.../catalog/model/extension/payment/pp_express.php(44): DB->query('INSERT INTO `oc...') #2 /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01ad/b2265/ipg.laodelph/storage-la/modification/system/engine/loader.php(256): ModelExtensionPaymentPPExpress->addOrder(Array) #3 /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01ad/b2265/.../..../system/engine/proxy.php(47): Loader->{closure}(Array, Array) #4 /herme in /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01ad/b2265/..../..../system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 40
The table should of been created at this point if you did followed the instructions properly from the first post. In your PHPMyAdmin, you can always run this query in your Opencart database:

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `oc_paypal_order` (
			  `paypal_order_id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
			  `order_id` int(11) NOT NULL,
			  `date_added` DATETIME NOT NULL,
			  `date_modified` DATETIME NOT NULL,
			  `capture_status` ENUM('Complete','NotComplete') DEFAULT NULL,
			  `currency_code` CHAR(3) NOT NULL,
			  `authorization_id` VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL,
			  `total` DECIMAL( 10, 2 ) NOT NULL,
			  PRIMARY KEY (`paypal_order_id`)
			) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT COLLATE=utf8_general_ci

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by chaminda » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:33 am

thank you very much. i test it and work but please try others as my files mess with restored old file so i don't know exactly what was fixed.

Post by straightlight » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:51 am

thank you very much. i test it and work but please try others as my files mess with restored old file so i don't know exactly what was fixed.
There's nothing wrong with this fix in order to create a crash as you described. The only leftovers are the zones to be fixed. I am currently working on it.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:17 am

An update to address that the work is still in progress. The zones definition list has now been completed as the updated version will reference the Paypal province code rather than focusing on the country ID. Downgrading Opencart won't help since the zones issues still persists on prior versions. However, I am working on this update as quickly as I can and should be updated on the first post shortly.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by blocks1 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:42 pm

this sounds promising ;D

A

Post by straightlight » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:32 pm

@JNeuhoff: Patch updated including the zones request.

Alright folks. The latest patch is now ready. Simply follow the same instructions on the first post and also visit the new feature called: Unmatched Zones tab in your admin - > extensions - > extensions - > payments - > PayPal Express Checkout page. Also ensure to have an allowable post max size set in your php.ini in order for the installation to integrate the PayPal list on your database.

Also to note I have added more log entries during the transactions (should be viewable on the same location as described on the paragraph above or directly on the Paypal log file) from the catalog-end side as well as more error messages to help store owners and forum supporters identifying the source of the issues.

Added new method validations on Model files for definite tracking of the ship to state records while the transaction handshake with PayPal Express Checkout API. Also moved the IPN codes from the catalog controller to the model file since there are no requirements for the data array to be used nor any redirections involved. The file size of the catalog controller has now been reduced for performance as well as being well-balanced with the catalog model file.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by markus22mb » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:18 am

hi!

Right now i upload bug fix from first post, but i dont know how it happend but now i got my front end blank with text display: Journal Theme Installation Error
Make sure you have refreshed Opencart Modifications. I lose Journal theme from backend,....right now i upload theme back again . I have been check but in general settings chosen template is still Journal theme,.... i upload all files with filezilla, same like always,.... i hope that i will get back my page,...but i really dont know what could happend because i check the file that only paypal files are in there,....
I will response back later because journal theme has 170mb to upload and my current internet connection is not super fast right now:)

If someone has any idea what happend please help me!

Im running OC 3.0.3.1. with Journal theme instaled,... almost fresh:) copy of OC and theme, but because ajax quick check out doesnt work with pay pal express and braintree checkout i try to fix that issue with that bug fix files,... right now im stuck,...the backend button for journal theme editing was completly gone -dissappire from back end

Picture of log list:
https://ibb.co/ckVYkGr

Picture of theme selected:
https://ibb.co/KFWDTzd

Picture of Live site:
https://ibb.co/Vv27M5z