Post by lmw1 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:26 pm

My client has 4 customer groups. He wants to be able to allow temporary access to a particular customer group at whim to certain people without them having to register. No add to cart functionality either [unless they register and log in]. He is doing this basically to allow certain people to see pricing under certain customer groups without them having to register themselves. If they like his prices. Then they can register and use the site just like anyone else.

Any ideas?

Post by straightlight » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:39 pm

This strategy would also implicit automated scripts to use those temporary customer groups. Which is why, rather, trial accounts are being used.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by thekrotek » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:32 am

Yes, trial accounts is the right way to go. You can assign customers to some group (Trial Group) and with simple modification disable account in give period of time.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by lmw1 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:23 am

How would one go about implementing these "trial accounts?"

Post by thekrotek » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:34 am

lmw1 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:23 am
How would one go about implementing these "trial accounts?"
By creating a special group and creating a modification, which checks and disables accounts in a given period of time.

Expert Member

Post by lmw1 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 am

When you say, "and creating a modification..." What modification? Are their not no extensions available for this functionality already? If there are, could you point me to one perhaps?

Post by thekrotek » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:20 am

lmw1 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 am
When you say, "and creating a modification..." What modification? Are their not no extensions available for this functionality already? If there are, could you point me to one perhaps?
No, there're no extensions. You either create a modification yourself providing you have coding skills or ask for commercial support.

Expert Member

Post by lmw1 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:16 pm

Coding skills I have. Time I do not have. Can you do this for me? If you can please PM. If you cannot then you cannot and I am most thankful that you have taken your time to answer my questions. I appreciate that.

Post by DarlingToad » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:14 pm

lmw1 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 am
When you say, "and creating a modification..." What modification? Are their not no extensions available for this functionality already? If there are, could you point me to one perhaps? PrepaidCardStatus
Thank you for sharing your knowledge.