Post by ArtGallery » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:44 am

Update - Now I can't seem to replicate the problem below.......what the heck?

New install of 3.0.3.1
Guest Checkout works fine. Email sent, no problems.

When checking out using the Registered Account option, the checkout process fails at Payment Method step. The payment options are displayed but it doesn't matter which one is chosen, it won't proceed, giving this error message:
Warning: Payment method required!

I have not modified any files or anything other than what can be set in the Admin section. I have only installed one extension - Import/Export Tools.

I have spent several hours searching Google and this forum and cannot find anything that works. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tested a few dozen times now... It does work if I check out by clicking on the black shopping cart button, top right, then choose checkout, or if I select Checkout from the top right gray icon bar, but if I choose to checkout from the opened full shopping cart page, it locks up at the payment method stage and won't let me proceed. I remember seeing someone having this same issue but I can't seem to find the fix again. It may be the same thing is happening with guest checkout. I will look at that again.

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:59 pm

If this is super urgent as customers can't checkout you should consider posting an urgent paid job in the Commercial Support forum or contacting ourselves.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by ArtGallery » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:12 am

That would be great if we could, but unfortunately there is no budget for paying anyone anything on this project. 100% Volunteers only. Hopefully we will be able to work it out. I noticed from multiple searches here and out on the web that there are quite a few people who have had the same issue with OpenCart so it appears to be some kind of a bug that has been repeated elsewehre. We will be trying some of the suggested fixes to see if any of them work.

Post by ADD Creative » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:03 pm

Could be an effect of lack of cache control header in version 3. https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/7008

Try the changes here to see if it makes any difference.
viewtopic.php?f=201&t=207498#p737430

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by ArtGallery » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:59 pm

Thanks for that suggestion! That appears to be it.

I found this post here on the forum as well, implemented the changes and the problem has been fixed. (knock on digital wood...)

viewtopic.php?t=204601

Post by Qphoria » Fri May 25, 2018 2:17 am

Are you using IE or Edge? This is not likely an issue with the php code in that file.
This is a known issue with either of those two browsers because of the ajax cache during checkout
http://thisinterestsme.com/ajax-request ... rer-cache/

The easiest solution for this is to edit catalog/view/theme/YOURTHEME/template/checkout/checkout.tpl or checkout.twig

FIND & REPLACE ALL
Code: Select all

$.ajax({
with

$.ajax({ cache: false,
That should fix it. We'll need to find a more proper permanent fix for this in the core.

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:17 am

Thanks for posting the link to the other post.

Both methods should fix caching issues at checkout. However the one you linked to won't help in the case where a customer adds a product to the cart then goes 'back' in their web browser, only to see the shopping cart is now showing empty.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by ArtGallery » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:26 am

I haven't run into that bug yet. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Would it be best to only use the methods you provided or can I implement your posted changes in addition to what I already did without any problems?

And is this the fix I should be using?

As an experimental fix you could try making the following change.
In system/framework.php find the following line at around line 74.

$response->addHeader('Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8');
After that line add the following.

$response->addHeader('Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0');
$response->addHeader('Pragma: no-cache');
You will might have to clear your browser cache as well.

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:54 pm

You can use both changes at the same time without any problems. Yes, that is the change I recommend.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by ArtGallery » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:33 am

Thank you.

Post by ArtGallery » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:16 am

I thought I had the "checkout fails at payment method" bug fixed on my 3.0.3.1 installation, but now it is showing up randomly again depending on how the customer goes to checkout. Has this been fixed in version 3.0.3.2?