Post by Pysiek » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:56 pm

Is there a way to mark orders as urgent or important? I have some customers who would like their order to be shipped ASAP and some wouldn't mind to wait. Also lets say now I'm sitting at airport and reading emails. Would like to go to my admin page and mark the orders now so I won't forget later. Is there an extension out there that will do that? Maybe put a red star or something next to the order?

Opencart version 3.0.3.2

Post by thekrotek » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:09 pm

Customers can write in order comment, that they way this order to be shipped ASAP and you can later change order status to something like "Ship ASAP". No extension is needed.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by letxobnav » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:34 pm

I would guess that all orders are ASAP no?
Or do you have customers who would like to indicate "I order now but deliver whenever you feel like it"?

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by straightlight » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:21 am

Setting a severity level on an order would also require adjustment to the shipping method, since the customer has the ability to choose the shipping package he'd like to get his product delivered on the specified time range. Meaning, prioritizing orders will not allow the customer to have his shipped products on a shorter period since the shipping providers takes the lead for those options (National / International shipping).

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:07 am

One way that this could work, as a reminder, would be to create an event where order dates have exceeded a certain mount of time and that the order statuses may require changes as compared to the last order status history records.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Pysiek » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:39 pm

Ok I think there is some misunderstanding here. I want to manually select order and put some kind of mark next to them or color identify them to which is priority. I state it might take up to 5 days for the order to ship. If customer select 2 day shipping it will take 2 days AFTER I ship it. But anyway this is not what I came here for. I just need help with the selection.

Opencart version 3.0.3.2

Post by straightlight » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:17 am

I state it might take up to 5 days for the order to ship. If customer select 2 day shipping it will take 2 days AFTER I ship it.
Since this is about 2 days after rather than the original period than what the shipping method provides to your customers, then you don't need to put a priority order.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON