Post by ashon » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:51 pm

i have seen a lot of comments on not to use 3.0.3.1 as it has a lot of bugs and old ones not even fixed so just wondering what is the best one to use as of now

Post by straightlight » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:11 pm

Simple. Rather than looping back into same problems with OC, simply step forward with the latest release and see what you can find.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:03 pm

straightlight wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:11 pm
Simple. Rather than looping back into same problems with OC, simply step forward with the latest release and see what you can find.
I don't think this answers the question.

We think 3.0.2.1 is good to use in production at the moment.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by straightlight » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:12 pm

I don't think this answers the question.
By using latest releases, it already answers the question. The rest goes to opinion. Redundancy.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Johnathan » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:50 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:03 pm
3.0.2.1 isn't an official release. Do you mean a bugfixed 3.0.2.0?

Myself, I've been recommending OpenCart 2.3.0.2 to people for a while now. There just aren't that many improvements in OpenCart 3.0 to make it worth it, and the Twig caching + issues with the Theme Editor tend to confuse many new users. 2.3 seems like the best option at this time until a stable 3.1 is released, at least in my opinion.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by straightlight » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:19 pm

Johnathan wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:50 pm
paulfeakins wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:03 pm
3.0.2.1 isn't an official release. Do you mean a bugfixed 3.0.2.0?

Myself, I've been recommending OpenCart 2.3.0.2 to people for a while now. There just aren't that many improvements in OpenCart 3.0 to make it worth it, and the Twig caching + issues with the Theme Editor tend to confuse many new users. 2.3 seems like the best option at this time until a stable 3.1 is released, at least in my opinion.
Payment and Shipping extension modules in the v2.x releases are also outdated due to the required changes by PCI as compared to the v3.x releases. v2.x being seen as the most stable releases, users still needs to install several patches after a fresh or even modified installations. Granted, v3.x releases may have its flaws with the TWIG engine. At least, the main objective for the OC team is to keep the SLAs running with the APIs amended by other providers in order for store owners to maintain their sales. v2.x releases do not offer such updated capabilities to provide updated PCI changes with the APIs. Once an OC version is being released officially on Opencart.com, there are no turning back for the OC team until a next version gets released either unofficially or officially which can affect countless users using the product.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON