Post by aristosv » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:44 am

I installed opencart v3.0.3.1 on a Debian machine. After the initial wizard I get a prompt saying I have to move the storage to /var/www/html/storage. When I click the "Move" button I get a popup with a bunch of mkdir() permission denied errors.

It appears that config.php and admin/config.php have been automatically modified to reflect the new path to the storage folder, but the storage folder can't get copied to /var/www/html/

If I move it manually everything's OK, but I want to make it work using the "Move" button, not manually.

I'm guessing it's a permissions issue, so I need to know which users need what permissions to which folders to make the "Move" button perform it's task successfully.

Thanks

Post by OSWorX » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:12 am

First of all: if you only want to 'play' with OpenCart, 3.0.3.1 is okay.
But if you intent to use it in a real shop, use only 3.0.2.0: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/re ... ag/3.0.2.0

Why?
Old and new bugs!

Second: you can create the folders outside the punlic area also manual and edit the 2 config files aftewwrds.
Permissions for the folder shall be 0755 (check with your provider, could be also 0750).
But never (even the are outside the public area 0777 as you may read and hear somewhere!

Additonally - if possible - check also who is the owner of this folders.
On some bad configured servers the user is somewhat else as it shoul be.

If one of them are not correct set/defined, you may encounter errors.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by aristosv » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:55 am

Thanks for the version tip. But my question remains, how can I make the "Move" button work?

Attachments

2019-01-12 23_53_09-Dashboard.png

2019-01-12 23_53_09-Dashboard.png (30.58 KiB) Viewed 689 times