Post by einkauf@nutriteam.at » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:44 am

Hi guys,

I am working with some influencers who would like to advertise for me BUT NOT directly.
This means I am giving a webinar which they will advertise but on the way to the webinar registration page their contacts should receive the affiliate cookie of my store. Other affiliate programs have deep link generator therefore and it's a common thing. I am missing this totally for OC.

I need an urgent solution and would be happy to just hardcode it somehow.

How can I create a redirect that still sets the affiliate cookie?

Thanks very much for your help!
Last edited by OSWorX on Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Links removed, not relevant in this case!

Post by OSWorX » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:35 pm

einkauf@nutriteam.at wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:44 am
Hi guys,

I am working with some influencers who would like to advertise for me BUT NOT directly.
This means I am giving a webinar which they will advertise but on the way to the webinar registration page their contacts should receive the affiliate cookie of my store. Other affiliate programs have deep link generator therefore and it's a common thing. I am missing this totally for OC.
Per default OpenCart has not such an option.
But what would you like to do with the cookie afterwards?

The solution does not exist currently, but could be easely and fast developed.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by einkauf@nutriteam.at » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:30 am

I have a little work around now, but it's still not working 100 %.
I setup a text page in OC and placed the following tag into the html editor:
<script>
location = 'http://destinnation.url';
</script>

That's doing the redirect.
The affiliate part still is not working properly.
The intention would be, that the person who clicks the link goes to the OC page, gets the affiliate cookie, visits my webinar and comes back to the store a couple of days later, buys some items and my affiliate gets his provision.
I tested it so far, but the purchase after clicking the link wasn't linked to the affiliate. Trying to find the reason now.
Can it generally be possible this way?
Do you get an affiliate cookie, when visiting the text page? I assume it this way.

Post by einkauf@nutriteam.at » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:50 am

OK, I was testing now and I have the following result:
- The affiliate referral works via text page … that's good
- But it only works, when the purchase is done immediately. It's not working if I close the browser, come back and make a purchase. Then it's loosing track of the referral.
Does anyone know if this is standard in OC? Usually you get a cookie by clicking the affiliate link which lasts for a specific cookie lifespan.
What's happening here?