Post by Renecek » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:45 am

Hello,
trying this module in 1.5.5.1, works perfect, I just need two things:

- need to exclude products from some categories so I need to export products from selected categories only
- need to export only product with status in stock

is there any way to do that? I can edit code but need to show the right way where can I define it :)
Thank you

edit: I fixed my second problem, so need to fix only export products from some categories

Post by Azotej » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:06 pm

Hello, JNeuhoff
Many thanks to you for your great extension. It help us do very important thinks so easy!
I use it about 3 years. It works great. But some some months ago there appears some problems with Export.
When I want to open exported file with Excel, it writes me "Excel cannot open the file 'filename.xlsx' because the file format for the file extension is not valid. Verify that the file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file." When I rename .xlsx to .xls, I can open file, but it shows me this - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oTNCOm ... sp=sharing
I tried to reinstall extension, tried to install old version - nothing helps. Then I thunk, that problem is in PHP version (now on my website is using PHP 7.0) and change it for PHP 5.4-5.6 and it also without good results. At this moment I think, that problem also is on webhost side (Old extension versions was working good, but now it doesn't work properly - always problems with exported file), but I does't know what I need to find/change (maybe after some updates was appear this problem). Import works great, without problems.
Maybe answer for this question was at the forum, maybe there is solution, but I tried to search and can't find any information about solution.
Many thanks for you and hope, that you can help me with some info.
Sorry for my English, hope, that you are understanding me
Artyom

Post by Thileep » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:29 pm

I installed module success fully. i have some error export tools work perfect. import tools some error
please find error
Uploaded spreadsheet file has validation errors!
See also 'System > Tools > Error Logs' for more details.
No server data has been changed.
Cane you check that

Post by Azotej » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:01 pm

thileep91@gmail.com wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:29 pm
I installed module success fully. i have some error export tools work perfect. import tools some error
please find error
Cane you check that
To see error log you must to open in your Opencart's Admin panel 'System > Tools > Error Logs' (on left side of panel).

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:39 pm

thileep91@gmail.com wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:29 pm
please find error
Cane you check that
Look, nobody can help you without providing further details. The error message is clear enough, look up the error log for more details.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by OSWorX » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:50 pm

Azotej wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:06 pm
Hello, JNeuhoff
Many thanks to you for your great extension. It help us do very important thinks so easy!
I use it about 3 years. It works great. But some some months ago there appears some problems with Export.
When I want to open exported file with Excel, it writes me "Excel cannot open the file 'filename.xlsx' because the file format for the file extension is not valid. Verify that the file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file." When I rename .xlsx to .xls, I can open file ..
Who is 'it'?
Who told you that you cannot open the file?
Who is writing you??

You see, who here shall know what you mean?
3 years without any error, and suddenly this?

That leads me to the assumption, that you are using a MAC.
Because last year I had a client using also this kind of computer.
Only he made an update zo IOS 11.x he got the same error message.
When he rolled back (or used another machine with WIN and another Version of Excel), it worked as it should.

You see, many things can happen, therefore post as much as possible, post as much details to help that rare hard working people here not wasting time an answering back useless questions about things should be writen already by the poster himself.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by xxvirusxx » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:37 pm

Azotej wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:06 pm
Excel cannot open the file 'filename.xlsx' because the file format for the file extension is not valid.
Microsoft Office 2013?

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by gailnmalc » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:57 pm

Hi, i've installed export/import 1.5.6, but am getting this message when trying to export:
Option value 'Vanilla & Cinnamon' is defined multiple times within its option!
In the Settings-tab please activate the following:
Use option_value_id instead of option_value name in worksheet 'ProductOptionValues'
and on import i'm getting :
File size is greater than 8M (see PHP setting 'post_max_size').
Please can you tell me where to find these to change them. TIA

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:52 am

gailnmalc wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:57 pm
Hi, i've installed export/import 1.5.6, but am getting this message when trying to export:
Option value 'Vanilla & Cinnamon' is defined multiple times within its option!
In the Settings-tab please activate the following:
Use option_value_id instead of option_value name in worksheet 'ProductOptionValues'
and on import i'm getting :
File size is greater than 8M (see PHP setting 'post_max_size').
Please can you tell me where to find these to change them. TIA
Sort out your options! Why do you have to define 'Vanilla & Cinnamon' multiple times?

As regards PHP settings: 'admin/php.ini' is the file where to change them.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by gammo » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:31 am

Hello and good afternoon.

I just installed the Export/Import Tool extension on my OpenCart 3 site. Installation went fine. However, when I tried to export my products, nothing happened. When I checked the error log, it stated: "PHP Fatal Error: Class 'XMLWriter' not found in /system/library/export_import/Classes/PHPExcel/Shared/XMLWriter.php on line 37." How can this be fixed?

Customized OpenCart Extensions

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:47 pm

gammo wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:31 am

I just installed the Export/Import Tool extension on my OpenCart 3 site. Installation went fine. However, when I tried to export my products, nothing happened. When I checked the error log, it stated: "PHP Fatal Error: Class 'XMLWriter' not found in /system/library/export_import/Classes/PHPExcel/Shared/XMLWriter.php on line 37." How can this be fixed?
Do the obvious and check via cPanel file manager or via FTP whether the file '/system/library/export_import/Classes/PHPExcel/Shared/XMLWriter.php' actually exists. If not, then re-install.

Guru Member

Post by gammo » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:21 am

JNeuhoff wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:47 pm
gammo wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:31 am

Do the obvious and check via cPanel file manager or via FTP whether the file '/system/library/export_import/Classes/PHPExcel/Shared/XMLWriter.php' actually exists. If not, then re-install.
The first thing I did was check if the file existed. It did. I then checked line 37 of the XMLWriter.php file, which was a "{" sign, above which was "class PHPExcel_Shared_XMLWriter extends XMLWriter". I also uninstalled and then reinstalled the mod. Same error comes up. That is why I came here for assistance. How can the error be rectified?

Customized OpenCart Extensions

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:09 pm

While this appears to be indeed a bug in the PHPExcel library used by the Export/Import tool, it shouldn't use XMLWriter in the first place. Send me a PM with your OpenCart login details, so that I can take a quick look at it. Something else is wrong with your configuration.

Guru Member

Post by alex.tru » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:30 pm

Hi!
With the last release it has problems with memory. It takes about 300MB to export 3500 products and it drops the operation due to out of memory error.
Before it coud export 4500 with 256MB memory limit. s it possible to make some file buffer or smth like that to avoid memory problems? We have about 20 000 products, so, it would be helpfull.
P.S. Option Use phpTemp cache for large Exports is ON.
Thanks
Alex

Post by kheath393 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:44 am

Tried to export and received this error message

× Welcome to the Export/Import Tool (V3.20) for OpenCart. If you need a customized version, let us know and we can create one for a charge.

Currently used category IDs are between 348 and 373. Currently used product IDs are between 53 and 5448.

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:51 pm

kheath393 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:44 am
Tried to export and received this error message

× Welcome to the Export/Import Tool (V3.20) for OpenCart. If you need a customized version, let us know and we can create one for a charge.

Currently used category IDs are between 348 and 373. Currently used product IDs are between 53 and 5448.
This is an informational message, not an error.

Guru Member

Post by henfeb » Fri May 03, 2019 7:46 pm

I use this on OC 3.03, it was working great until today. I suddenly couldn't see the "Export-Import" menu. I uninstalled and resinstalled, cleared & refresh all cache, but still can't see. I went to admin/controller/tool, the "export-import.php" file was missing. So I extracted the file from the ocmod.zip and put it in admin/controller/tool. I uninstalled and resinstalled, cleared & refresh all cache, but still can't see the "import-export" menu. Can someone help?

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri May 03, 2019 7:55 pm

You are using the wrong file. For OpenCart 3.0.x it is located at 'admin/controller/extension/export_import.php'.

Guru Member

Post by henfeb » Fri May 03, 2019 8:44 pm

JNeuhI checkeoff wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 7:55 pm
You are using the wrong file. For OpenCart 3.0.x it is located at 'admin/controller/extension/export_import.php'.
I checked that the folder 'admin/controller/extension/ ' already contains "export_import.php".
I don't understand what went wrong because I just realised my other extensions are not working too. ???

Post by seme1 » Mon May 20, 2019 4:51 am

Hello JNeuhoff,
I used the module for the first time and it's great. However, the products descriptions were saved in two languages. After exporting the products in an excel file, and re-importing them, the descriptions of ALL products in one language were erased, but not the other one.
After digging through the code a little bit, I noticed that you use TRUNCATE TABLE and DELETE FROM TABLE for the table oc_product_description to delete all its entries before every import. Is it possible to do that for only ONE language ?

It seems you use the front end language of the website as default one. However, this is causing real issue if the site supports multiple languages.

One solution for this is to <b>export all available description languages for every product in the excel file and re-import them</b>.

Another is delete only the entries matching the default store language from oc_product_description and leave all the rest of the entries intact. In any case, I tried to modify the code myself without any luck as I failed to follow the logic or understand some parts.

Your help on this is very much appreciated. If you can have the descriptions in all languages exported in the products excel file, and re-imported again that would be great.