Post by sicotommo » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:16 am

Hi All

I have a store i'm upgrading to 3.0.2 from 1.5.6.4. It is loaded with mods and I'm happy with the upgrade process (ditching all the existing site, retaining DB, upgrading, reinstalling mods and theme for OC3.0.2). The problem is the amount of time it will take to take the site down, carry out the upgrade and make it live again.

Therefore i will carry out the upgrade on a development site and make sure it is working perfectly before making it live. That means there will be differences between the live site database and the development site database as the live site is very busy with customer registrations and orders - it does very well indeed.

Any suggestions on how to handle this?

I was considering upgrading the database for the OC1.5.6.4 site to the OC3.0.2 standard and moving the relevant tables across to the development site DB but I'm not sure I would get all the correct tables.

Any suggestions welcome, hope i've been clear enough, thanks for any help / advice.

Regards
Simon

Post by kestas » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:35 am

Do not forget, after upgrading all not core modules and theme, it will not work... You should find new modules and theme, which are for OC3.0.2.

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by sicotommo » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:58 pm

Thanks Kestas - rest assured it is all going to be for v3.0.2, no old stuff hanging around.

Still need to work out how to transfer the interim customer / orders / reviews etc updates that take place whilst the upgrade is being built. Any ideas?

Post by kestas » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:49 am

Hi,
Please check your PM.

Cheers

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by xxvirusxx » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:18 pm

And after upgrade....don't forget to fix bugs from 3.0.2.0.
You can search them on forum.

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România