Post by Mosstyn » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:27 pm

When using guest checkout or adding a new shipping address in an account, the default shipping county is set to 'Ceredigion' (my county) rather than 'Please select'. It's not a deal breaker but obviously looks a bit more professional if I sort this out, as a few panicked customers have emailed me to say that they're not in Ceredigion. Any ideas how I can reset the default to 'Please Select'? Cheers.

Post by rjcalifornia » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:09 am

Mosstyn wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:27 pm
When using guest checkout or adding a new shipping address in an account, the default shipping county is set to 'Ceredigion' (my county) rather than 'Please select'. It's not a deal breaker but obviously looks a bit more professional if I sort this out, as a few panicked customers have emailed me to say that they're not in Ceredigion. Any ideas how I can reset the default to 'Please Select'? Cheers.
Did you try to change the location in the menu "System -> Settings"

Location - Worldwide

Post by Mosstyn » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:01 am

Hi rjcalifornia. Thanks for that. I went into 'Settings > My Store > Local' and changed the 'Region/State' to 'Please select' which has done the trick for the county on checkout. I'd like to change the default country too, but that's not a job for Xmas Eve. Thanks again. Merry Christmas!

Post by rjcalifornia » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:54 am

You're welcome! Let me check that and I will get back to you!

Location - Worldwide