Post by Opa » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:31 pm

Hello,
Can anyone tell me if I can successfully import my Categorizes, Products, Registered Customers and previous orders from my 2.3.0.2 store into a fresh new 3.0.2.0 install.

As I am running a couple of Extensions that do now support 3.0.2.0 and I will have to purchase new Extensions I figure it might be easier to just start from a fresh install of 3.0.2.0.

I just recently build an store using 3.0.2.0 and now prefer to migrate our old store to it.

Has anyone had success in importing the database from 2.3.0.2 to 3.0.2.0?

Opa

Post by Opa » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:18 pm

chongshengdz wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:27 am
you need to start over, old extensions (2.3+) cannot be used in opencart 3.0+
Exactly that is what I have STATED in my inquiry.
You have not answered my question just quoted me!

Opa

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:25 am

Well, if you want to do it manually, just compare a clean v.3.x Database with a clean Version
of your own Database (a clean DB is it's much 'easier' to overlook), then, you can compare
the two files, and so find the newly allocated Tables, and the re-named Tables, including their
likely also partly re-named content Variables. You then just have to rewrite the old DB Table
Names, and possibly some 'inside' Variable Names, to make 'em match OC v.3, and add the
tables and their default Content, not yet existing in your Version DB, to the one, to be used.

Or then transfer-export the existing DB Content into some Format, like Excel, and then,
export the Content into another Excel File, tabled, to match the v.3. way of doing things,
and import this new DB Content into an empty Database on the Server.

But if it's not worth the time invested, one can get a commercial Solution, they are all listed
in the OC Extension Pages, and will cost you anywhere between ~50 - ~250 US-Bucks.

Good Luck!
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by dejohnson21 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:58 am

You are all assuming that the databases have a different structure. Is this necessarily the case. If the modules he is talking about did not create new tables or alter the database structure in any way, can he simply export the data in the older database right into the new database? Is there a necessary database structure difference between these two versions?
He could even just use the backup and restore function within Opencart?

thanks,

Post by cosmicx » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:22 am

Has anyone had success in importing the database from 2.3.0.2 to 3.0.2.0?
I have experience doing similar to that.

What I did:
- Setup the 3.0.2.0 Instance
- Installed import/export module in 3.0.2.0 and the 2.3.0.2
- Exported product, categories, options, filters, customers to xlsx file (for 2.3.0.2)
- Exported product, categories, options, filters, customers to xlsx file (for 3.2.0.2)
- Manually copy cell data from 2.3.0.2 xlsx files to 3.0.2.0 xlsx file.
- When done, import all v3.0.2.0 xlsx file and done.

It's quite tedious, but works 100%