Post by igor083 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:16 am

How do completely disable mobile view?
I would like to disable the mobile version of my site. When I view http://msr2.byethost17.com/ on my phone, the whole layout looks nothing like the classic version, and I really do not like it. I cannot find a way to disable this on deafault theme. I would like the mobile version to look identical to the desktop view. Please help!

Attachments

tempFileForShare.jpg

sample - tempFileForShare.jpg (172.68 KiB) Viewed 35531 times

Post by s.freimanis » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:23 am

opencarthow.com wrote:Hi,
you can take a look at my extension: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=20249
The link does not work

Post by s.freimanis » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:39 am

On My site I use the main menu for Information items, so all product categories are placed
on left side column menu.

The problem is when site is opened on Iphone, or just a small screen, the left menu disappears,
so there is no chance to get get to products.

As a solution would be to make default responsive theme as non-responsive.

Any ideas?

Post by Dhaupin » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:55 am

You have to change all the mobile switch @media triggers in stylesheet.css to be very small (like 1px) so that no device will activate them.

Example, here is something switching a menu:

Code: Select all

@media (min-width: 768px) {
	#menu .dropdown:hover .dropdown-menu {
		display: block;
	}
}
Here is what it would be like commented out and changed to 1px:

Code: Select all

/* mobile is disabled @media (min-width: 768px) { */
@media (min-width: 1px) {
	#menu .dropdown:hover .dropdown-menu {
		display: block;
	}
}
If you repeat that throughout the smaller resolutions, it will stay more or less desktop mode. Be careful to see the difference between min-width and max-width triggers.

https://creadev.org | support@creadev.org - Opencart Extensions, Integrations, & Development. Made in the USA.

Location - PA

Post by s.freimanis » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:31 am

doesn't really work unfortunately.

Need to find another way.

Post by viethemes » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:47 pm

s.freimanis wrote:On My site I use the main menu for Information items, so all product categories are placed
on left side column menu.

The problem is when site is opened on Iphone, or just a small screen, the left menu disappears,
so there is no chance to get get to products.

As a solution would be to make default responsive theme as non-responsive.

Any ideas?
You can try this solution.

http://www.viethemes.com - OpenCart turtorials, news, tips and stricks, extension

Our extensions:
Visual Theme Editor - Powerful tool for customizing style of any theme visually
Live Theme Editor - Customize layout, colors, backgrounds, fonts of the default theme
Theme Animation - Animation Editor for any theme

Extra Positions PRO, Custom JavaScript, Custom CSS and others

Post by Dhaupin » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:03 pm

s.freimanis wrote:doesn't really work unfortunately.

Need to find another way.
Actually that does work since the entire mobile theme is based on those triggers lol. By "deactivating" the triggers you can lock width it to a min and max. Confirmed 100% works with about 5 minutes of work (find and replace)

https://creadev.org | support@creadev.org - Opencart Extensions, Integrations, & Development. Made in the USA.

Location - PA

Post by s.freimanis » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:45 pm

Dhaupin wrote:
Actually that does work since the entire mobile theme is based on those triggers lol. By "deactivating" the triggers you can lock width it to a min and max. Confirmed 100% works with about 5 minutes of work (find and replace)
I just don't get it.
How can it work? Can you send me a file, which I can compare to see, where I am wrong?

Post by monktoast » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:15 pm

uhm, really, have to jerry rig it like that? this is why i hate open source projects, the most basic of things are over looked. there should be a single box to check..mobile version..non mobile version. THATS IT. i cant even use my browser to request desktop, i HATE when i go to a site, and their crappy mobile version is there, and they offer zero way to use desktop version. its bs, and now MY website is doing the same thing because the opencart developers can't predict the most basic of scenarios..like blinking banners and dirty mobile layouts. really? hey, look at what i just coded, ladeedaa..oh i see the banner module i made makes every image blink constantly..hmm..KEEP IT IN WHY FIX IT BEFORE RELEASE?...LOL

Post by OCdude » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:18 am

how about a solution to redirect to desktop view instead of disabling mobile view

Post by insurenow » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:59 am

You don't need to disable the view in order to view everything on mobile just change the layout of your categories to middle column

Post by cyclops12 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:01 am

Good easy solution Here

Expert Member