Post by customrob » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:33 pm

installed opencart 3 and journal 3 https://www.journal-theme.com/v3_3/inde ... uct_id=299 (there demo site) but when i check the code my h1 tags are mirrored in my h2 tags anyone else having this problem ( yes I put different text in my page title to my meta descriptions and meta title I did not put any h2 tags in my description)
i contact journal theme team but they don't seem to understand what I'm saying if you check the demo and look at the h1 and h2 tags there both them are the same and h the h1 tags should be different from your h2 tags
(i check it in different SEO programs eg Moz, serpstat etc also checked the code and to me, it looks like there mirroring the h tags for some reason) can anyone help

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:05 pm

Well, this problem is concerning a NON-OpenSource-Code Journal
Custom Extension, and the problem is only related to this Theme. But such
problems can only be handled by Journal Themes themselfs, since, by rules,
Jounal is of no concern to OC and this Open Source Only User Forum.
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by customrob » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:35 am

sort it thankyou contacted journal and they help fix it for me

Post by OSWorX » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:31 am

IP_CAM wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:05 pm
Well, this problem is concerning a NON-OpenSource-Code Journal
Just to clarify (while this issue does not really interest me to be honest): Journal IS Open-Source.
Otherwise they would have massive problems.

@IP_CAM guess you mix up here a few things:
1. Templates (if they are templates and not Extension/Modules) are not covered by the GNU/GPL (the license OpenCart is published)
2. If an extension relies on the core (OpenCart), it HAS to at least the same License as the core (or less).
For example if OpenCart is licensed under GNU/GPL v.3, you are not allowed to publish your extension under GPL v.2 or MOX or anything else which is stronger.
But you can publish it under LGLP (which is less)
3. The GNU/GPL does not forbid selling code/scripts
4. Even an Extension is paid, everybody can work on it - but (!!) if he publish that code, it has to be under the same License or less (see #2)
5. OpenSource does only mean that the code is not encrypted or obfuscated - THIS is never allowed for OpenCart Extensions (while I have seen a few)

The only scenario to publish an Extension under another License as GNU/GPL would be, if it does NOT rely on the core and DOES NOT use the functions of the core.
Or work only via the API (if that would exist).
The 2 config files can be used, because there is no logic or any class or function behind.

Note: if an Extension is encrypted or obfuscated > hands off!! (and report it to the Support Team)
You never will know what is going 'under the hood'.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by straightlight » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:41 am

4. Even an Extension is paid, everybody can work on it - but (!!) if he publish that code, it has to be under the same License or less (see #2)
Or by prior consent by the original developers or to contact the developers that provides its products and services via the Marketplace or from 3rd party websites which these claims includes publicizing codes on the forum.

Forum rules dictates:
In saying this, it is not that common that an extension cannot be fixed to make it work with other. In those cases, the best approach is to ask either developer for help, but understand that it doesn't always come for free as the developer obligation is only towards a clean install not an already modified version of OC!
Source: viewtopic.php?f=176&p=737014#p708937

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by IP_CAM » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:59 am

Well, we already had such Discussions, 20 Years ago, about GPL and Open Source, and
I assume, that it makes not much sense, to get into arguments about all this, the Web
is already full of it, and so, I would not get indexed any better, anywhere ... :D

STILL, to me, Journal is a paid Extension, and therefore NOT just Open Source Code.
At least not, when looked at from the strictly 'financial' Point of View. And anything
else is hypothetical BlahBlah, and possibly also the result of unclear OC-'Regulations',
and so leaving room for a variety of interpretations. ???

I also understand, that Journal does not care about, or even likes, if someone else is doing
their After Sales Job, possibly even for free. It's a great way, to sell something, if one does
not have to care about any longer, after something has been sold. :laugh:

But it's sure not my Problem, if this kind of Code is supported around here, since I neither
gain, nor loose anything, if paid Code is 'handled' at the Forum like any other Code as well.
But I am not so sure, if DEV's would like to see their hard work beeing spread all over the
place. :'(

But I also know, that DEV's can screw around on such Code, without doing something illegal.
I did therefore not mis-interpret something, I just repeated, what I have been reading about
in other places around here before, quite many times already. But since nobody seems to
really be in charge of short + clear 'Regulations', or then, because they cannot be understud
anyway, since most OC-Users are not of english origin either, it's not so easy, to follow rules,
even know about the Version one uses, in the first place. Especially for Newbies, likely not
coming here, to first find out, by reading masses of pages, on how to behave... ::)

But it's none of my business, neither, to play Cop, nor, to worry about some custom Code. And
to make sure, I will just ignore related Postings, and leave it to you Fellows, to make up your
mind, on how to handle such, in a somehow 'equal' way ... ;)

It's getting dark early again, so, make sure, not to get depressed, because of that (or me) :-*

Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland