Post by Spitfire32 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:59 pm

Hi,

I would like to add a new product with a new pricing structure but cant see where to do this or if it is possible?

So the main product would be £30 and if someone ordered 2 they would get the second one for £28 a third would be £27 forth at £26 and fifth at £25, so someone could buy 5 of the same item, all with slightly different values and the order would look like this:

1 product 1 £30
2 product 1 £28
3 product 1 £27
4 product 1 £26
5 product 1 £25
total £136

I hope the above makes sense?

Any help greatly appreciated, even if this is not possible that would help me.

Thank you
Laura

Post by Johnathan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:35 pm

You can do this in the 'Discount' tab of the product. In there you set the minimum quantity to be reached, and the corresponding price when it is reached. It should work for what you're describing.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by Spitfire32 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:51 pm

Johnathan wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:35 pm
You can do this in the 'Discount' tab of the product. In there you set the minimum quantity to be reached, and the corresponding price when it is reached. It should work for what you're describing.
Thanks Johnathan,

I tried it and it worked well, unfortunately it's not quite what they are after, this works well for discounting the price based on the qty bought, so 1 @ £30 2 @ £28 but they would like to discount the price for the second one and then discount further for a third one, so you could end up with an order for 5 of the same product but each one at a different prices, for example the first one would be £30 the second one would be £28 and the third at £27 but all three are the same product on the same order. Sorry, does that make sense? It's confusing me!

Laura

Post by Johnathan » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:23 pm

Ah, I see what you mean. OpenCart doesn't have that kind of functionality, but you could potentially set it up with Category & Product-Based Fee/Discount. You'd need to know the price of the product, and the discount you want for each quantity level, but it would be possible. For example:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHARGE #1
Title: Product A Discount
Group: A
Charge Type: Quantity
Charge Field:
2 = -2.00
3 = -5.00
4 = -9.00
5 = -14.00
etc.
Rule: Product is Product A

Keep in mind this is an Order Total extension. Order Totals do not affect the price shown in the cart -- only "Special" prices can do that. Order Totals are automatically activated when the criteria are met, and show up as a line item on the order. If you want to inform the customer of the possible fee or discount, you'd need to do it in the product description, or by using an HTML module or banner.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by Spitfire32 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:30 pm

Johnathan wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:23 pm
Ah, I see what you mean. OpenCart doesn't have that kind of functionality, but you could potentially set it up with Category & Product-Based Fee/Discount. You'd need to know the price of the product, and the discount you want for each quantity level, but it would be possible. For example:

CHARGE #1
Title: Product A Discount
Group: A
Charge Type: Quantity
Charge Field:
2 = -2.00
3 = -5.00
4 = -9.00
5 = -14.00
etc.
Rule: Product is Product A

Keep in mind this is an Order Total extension. Order Totals do not affect the price shown in the cart -- only "Special" prices can do that. Order Totals are automatically activated when the criteria are met, and show up as a line item on the order. If you want to inform the customer of the possible fee or discount, you'd need to do it in the product description, or by using an HTML module or banner.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.
That's brilliant, thank you so much I will give it a try.

Laura