Post by sameverything » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:50 pm

When I try to use Image Manager to upload an image, it will Not appear in the browser, until after I log out OpenCart, then log back in.
E.g. , Try creating a Directory in Image Brower, once the directory is created, even if you refresh, you will not see the directory, until, After you log out OpenCart, then log back in.

I have this issue on ALL of my OpenCart Installations at the moment... Pretty annoying.

This was working all FINE on my last host. However, after moving to a new hosting company, I am getting this issue.
What can be possibly causing this issue which is Host related?

The current host is A2 hosting, and they advertise their hosting as "optimised for OpenCart"

I have already contacted them and opened a ticket, however, it's been 15 hours and no solutions offered yet.
I am NOT very optimistic about A2 hosting, as I had a bad experience from their support from day 1.
All of the emails were bouncing, and they couldn't fix the issue for a few days.

So I am hoping to get some solution from OpenCart while A2 Hosting is "looking into my issue"

Any suggestions that I can pass to A2 Hosting?

I'm on their Linux Turbo Shared Hosting solution.
https://www.a2hosting.co.uk/web-hosting/compare

I was on SiteGround prior to this, and everything was fine with FANTASTIC SPPORT! I only changed as they were advertised as Optimised for OpenCart, and were... Cheaper :)

Thanks peeps
Sam

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:52 pm

sameverything wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:50 pm
I was on SiteGround prior to this, and everything was fine with FANTASTIC SPPORT! I only changed as they were advertised as Optimised for OpenCart, and were... Cheaper :)
And now you've learnt a valuable business lesson that buying cheap isn't a good idea ;)

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by sameverything » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:17 am

OMG the support is VERY SLOW
AFTER 4 DAYS I got a response saying:
" Login details do not work, please send correct login details"
I checked login details, they were correct, then noticed there is a folder on my OpenCart created on 29th September BY A2, NAMED "A2 Hosting"

So basically, they lie about the "Not being able to login" just to buy extra time... WHICH made me angry and disappointed!

So finally got another response, and this is what they are saying

"This issue is OpenCart related and out of the scope of support... We are investigating but contact OpenCart ... blabla "

Bare in mind 2 things:

I purchased A2 Hosting because it was ADVERTISED as "Optimised for OpenCart"
AND
Was advertised ON OPENCART's Website

There were NO issues on SiteGround . This is clearly a Server issue, as ALL OpenCart websites have been affected, which were FINE on SiteGround

I made a copy of one of the sites today, and upload it on a SiteGround account of a friend, and works FINE!

QUESTION:
1) What SETTINGS on the server could be affecting this?
2) How would OpenCart deal with false advertisement on their site?

Thanks

Post by Daniel » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:56 pm

I'm, pretty sure the issue is something you have done. contact the opencart support i pay people full time to provide support.

a2hosting i dont think they can provide programming issue fixes.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by sameverything » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:01 am

Hi Daniel.

No. It was like this the from the first day I moved across to A2 Hosting.
All files are the same, all DB the same. Everything the same.
Must be some server setting.
I installed the exact same DB and files on a SiteGround server, and it's working FINE on the SiteGround server.

This is driving me nuts.

Post by dthralls » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:02 am

We are having the exact same issue with our OpenCart website that we are hosting through A2Hosting. Everything has been problematic from the get go. Was there ever a solution to the initial problem?

Post by jfnewell1965 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:50 pm

Any Resolution to this? I am having the same problem.

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:40 am

Have any of you considered moving to a different provider or has A2 finally resolved this for you? Based on the posts here, it sounds like a server configuration related issue since all of you are experiencing the same thing on their servers.

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by admin@deesbees.com » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:26 am

I had the exact same issue. But I had another install that was in fact working. Here's my fix, hope it works for you. Any opencart installed in the public_html folder were having issues. When I moved it to the root of the host, outside of public_html, it started working. Cpanel. Opencart 3.0.2.0 and 3.0.3 work once I moved it out of public_html. Also... I had to uninstall/reinstall to get it to work. Just moving it didn't resolve the issue. Good luck!

Post by sameverything » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:50 pm

Hi Guys.
Just to update you on how I fixed the issue.
I moved to a new hosting and didn't change a thing, and everything started to work... SO... NOT SURE what's up with A2..

And the irony is, they advertise on OpenCart.com :laugh:

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:15 am

sameverything wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:50 pm
Hi Guys.
Just to update you on how I fixed the issue.
I moved to a new hosting and didn't change a thing, and everything started to work... SO... NOT SURE what's up with A2..

And the irony is, they advertise on OpenCart.com :laugh:
Glad you got it resolved. Who did you move to?

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Post by sameverything » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:22 am

https://krystal.co.uk
10 individual cPanel accounts, for around $25 / month. So far good. Just slow support.

Post by KaptinAmerika » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:56 am

I am on BlueHost and I did not start having this issue until after I updated to 3.0.3.2
I think it might have something to so with the PHP version that is running.
I am using 7.0 because my main site is ZenCart and I am not up to date enough with it to move to a higher PHP version without breaking imaging due to a template I am running.

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:23 am

KaptinAmerika wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:56 am
I am on BlueHost and I did not start having this issue until after I updated to 3.0.3.2
I think it might have something to so with the PHP version that is running.
I am using 7.0 because my main site is ZenCart and I am not up to date enough with it to move to a higher PHP version without breaking imaging due to a template I am running.
If you have cPanel, you can change the PHP version by domain so you could leave PHP 7.0 running for ZenCart and try 7.1, 7.2 or 7.3 for Opencart. With Multi PHP Manager, you can switch 'on the fly' without taking a backup. There's no risk to losing data. Switch it, test it and if it all works, leave it. If not, switch it back.

Post by lhasadreams » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:55 pm

Hi,
I am seeing the very same issue with a vanilla install of OpenCart 3.0.3.2
I am on a dedicated Centos box, also using public_html and then the opencart files are in a directory "shop3" under that.
I go to a product, try to change an image, add a directory and it does not appear, add an image and it does not appear.
Logoff from opencart and log back in and both the image and the new directory are there - any idea as to why?
Cheers
Ade

Post by kenny@kennyterry.com » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:15 pm

Greetings and Salutations

So frustrated here.
I’ve spent hours and hours digging through post and forums looking for the answer that works for me. Can’t find anything.
First of I don’t know why this happened but I need to tell you the whole story
Suddenly my images quit showing and I cannot upload new images.. “Warning: Directory does not exist!” error.
My url is
Http://kennyterry.com
The site has been up and running for 18 months or so.. everything was fine.. I did not do an update.
What I did do was install
1: facebook message extension WORKING FINE
2: SQUARE payment extension (since uninstalled), however this extension requires you to enable SSL and to do so it has you edit the config files… I’ve been over both of them with my limited knowledge of php but everything looks correct. I have reverted the changes I made to the original files.
3:Another change is sometime in the recent few days/weeks my hosting provider updated the control panel… frustrating as hell to log on and not be able to do what you pay for. None of the other sites I host on my service has been affected. (bluehost btw)
So here’s my config file from the rood dir of OC. Attached from within the image directory so I know they are there.
Admin Config
config

httaccess

Post by OSWorX » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:27 pm

config.php (both): change all http to https

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by xxvirusxx » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:55 pm

And you should move storage folder in /home2/daytonho then to change in config from:

Code: Select all

/home2/daytonho/public_html/storage
to this

Code: Select all

/home2/daytonho/storage

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by kenny@kennyterry.com » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:10 pm

Ok guys I figured it out and we were on the right path.
Bluehost was no help but I figured out this simple... stupid issue...
when they upgraded cpanel, the path of my server changed from /home2/%%/public.... to /home3/%%/public...
once I changed this in both config files it began working
36 hours of frustration.. I hope this someone else.

Post by TyRider » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:13 pm

My Image Manager was taking up to 5 minutes to show changes, I could force the refresh by signing out and in again. I figured it was probably because it was just displaying cached data. I added these two lines to /system/framework.php and it resolved the issue (also fixed checkout wackiness).

75 $response->addHeader('Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8');
$response->addHeader('Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0');//TR DEBUG Flakey Checkout
$response->addHeader('Pragma: no-cache'); //TR DEBUG Flakey Checkout