Post by nongetjie » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:08 am

Hi there,

I'm currently in the process of setting up a new store. I've used the extension Admin Enhancement Suite for OC1.5.6 and I loved it, especially the product form defaults. I have searched for a good replacement for this extension since the development stopped, but failed to find any.

Anyone has some suggestions on a replacement, or at least how to set the product form defaults for:
-tax class
-Quantity
-Minimum quantity
-Substract stock
-Requires shipping
-Status
-Option required
-Option value substract stock
-Customer group

Also if you have any other tips for plugins which enhance the admin experience of OC3 they are welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:07 am

Admin Enhancement Suite for OC1.5.6

I never came across a Mod named like this, during the past 4.5 Years! :choke:
---
But for OC-3, you just have to settle with what's available in the Extension Section,
I assume. And v.3.0.2.x is already part of OC History, so, there won't be much more
to expect on Mods, I fear, specifically designed for that Version Type only.
Ernie
---

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by nongetjie » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:21 pm

IP_CAM wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:07 am
Admin Enhancement Suite for OC1.5.6

I never came across a Mod named like this, during the past 4.5 Years! :choke:
---
But for OC-3, you just have to settle with what's available in the Extension Section,
I assume. And v.3.0.2.x is already part of OC History, so, there won't be much more
to expect on Mods, I fear, specifically designed for that Version Type only.
Ernie
---
It's a really nice one, see attachment. And I'm not looking for a version specifically for 3.0.2 as long as its supported (as most mods support multiple versions)

Attachments

Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 11.19.33.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 11.19.33.png (128.69 KiB) Viewed 1342 times

Post by thekrotek » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:41 pm

If you ditch OC 3 and stick with OC 2.3 (which is a pretty valid move), it won't be too hard to convert your mod.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:35 am

Well, it's looking good :D
but the fellow obviously left the OC Scene already a good while ago, and this extension
or it's name has never been part of anything, I stumbled over, anywhere... :-\
But if you really want to keep it, just don't plan to 'move up' as high as planned, but stay
with your familiar Admin, to then basically only miss TWIG, and other unimportant things,
by reading here first: :laugh:
viewtopic.php?f=202&t=206794#p733629
Just a crazy Idea, I know, but why trash a wellknown running Car, if your can polish it up,
to look like New again ? :crazy:
Just felt like adding a little salt to the soup... ;)
Ernie

5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by nongetjie » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:39 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:41 pm
If you ditch OC 3 and stick with OC 2.3 (which is a pretty valid move), it won't be too hard to convert your mod.
Using older software versions does not seem like a good idea to me. I don't use the 3.1.0.0alpha version because some plugins don't support it yet. What's wrong with OC3 in your opinion?

Post by IP_CAM » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:47 pm

Well, there is nothing wrong with OC v.3.1, exept for the fact, that it's still an ALPHA Release.
If you know, what that word ALPHA means. :D So, for a 'regular' Shop Users, it's just not advised,
to use this Pre-Release yet, or then just accept, that it will be replaced by a 'regular' version one day,
with a bunch of new changes, and nobody will care about v.3.1.x ALPHA anymore.

In addition, read here, what Daniel posted on August first on older (2.3.x / 3.0.x) Versions, and then,
check on Straightlight's endless Postings on Fixes, wich so never made it into those 'final' Version
Downloads. It's therefore just not done, by selecting one of those Versions, it will take a considerable
amount of time, to make one of them work, as it should and could.
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/is ... -409715744

It's therefore less a 'political' argument, but more a 'practical' one, wich Tools to use, in a
professional Environment at least, I assume ... ::)
Ernie
---
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=205940&start=40#p733434
---

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by nongetjie » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:51 am

IP_CAM wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:47 pm
Well, there is nothing wrong with OC v.3.1, exept for the fact, that it's still an ALPHA Release.
If you know, what that word ALPHA means. :D So, for a 'regular' Shop Users, it's just not advised,
to use this Pre-Release yet, or then just accept, that it will be replaced by a 'regular' version one day,
with a bunch of new changes, and nobody will care about v.3.1.x ALPHA anymore.

In addition, read here, what Daniel posted on August first on older (2.3.x / 3.0.x) Versions, and then,
check on Straightlight's endless Postings on Fixes, wich so never made it into those 'final' Version
Downloads. It's therefore just not done, by selecting one of those Versions, it will take a considerable
amount of time, to make one of them work, as it should and could.
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/is ... -409715744

It's therefore less a 'political' argument, but more a 'practical' one, wich Tools to use, in a
professional Environment at least, I assume ... ::)
Ernie
---
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=205940&start=40#p733434
---
Well good for me I'm not using 3.1 then but 3.0.2.0

Post by nongetjie » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:52 am

I have made a simple solution for setting product form defaults myself since I could not find any.

Feel free to use it

Attachments