Post by Agathon » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:13 pm

Hi to Opencart Community forum

We are wokring on a project with Opencart version 2.1.0.2 and Journal Theme. We have configured mail settings so it can work with Mail Protocol 'SMTP' and the rest fields regarding our Gsuite gmail account.(see attached image)
Although everything is working properly we have noticed that some of our order confirmation emails they don't sent in our customers and we are not receiving them as store as well.
We have tried to check the issue and we have noticed that these emails they had a 'space' within customer's email field, for example name@hotmail. com or wrong syntax like name@.com In these Cases we receive this error

Code: Select all

2018-08-******* - PHP Notice:  Error: RCPT TO not accepted from server! in /home/********/public_html/************/opencart/system/library/mail.php on line 346
We have tested in fresh Installation of Openacrt 2.1.0.2 to reject that this is Journal Theme related and we can confirm that it displays the same error as well in a fresh installation of Opencart version.

We would like to ask if anyone knows this error or if it is a bug of Opencart?

Attachments

email-parameters.jpg

email-parameters.jpg (71.53 KiB) Viewed 2032 times

Post by straightlight » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:21 pm

Not a bug. It is a misconfiguration done from either the OC admin settings mail tab or a configuration that needs to be adjusted in your php.ini or _user.ini file. Also take note that depending on the web hosting provider you are using, it may also require to modify the MX records. However, I would first focus on the OC admin email form's configuration.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Agathon » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:43 pm

Hi straightlight, Thanks for your answer

straightlight wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:21 pm
It is a misconfiguration done from either the OC admin settings mail tab
From Attached image do you think that is it something wrong with our Settings in Mail Tab ?

configuration that needs to be adjusted in your php.ini or _user.ini file
Can you help me with this what you mean. Do we need to enable or disable smth there or to add.

Also take note that depending on the web hosting provider you are using, it may also require to modify the MX records.
We have added all required records and tested with google " toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/checkmx/ " and it seems that is running without errors.

Post by straightlight » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:49 pm

See if this solution is working since you are using an old OC version: https://redmarlin.net/blog/post/opencar ... r-tutorial

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Agathon » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:56 pm

I 've seen this link but its not helping me out.

I would like to ask if there is any way to add a js code in the end of the .tpl file

/catalog/view/theme/default/template/checkout/guest.tpl
With an email validation check to prevent Customers from puting space within email address field.

Thanks in Advance.

Post by straightlight » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:32 am

I would like to ask if there is any way to add a js code in the end of the .tpl file
Yes, you can add a JS code at the end of that file.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Agathon » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:30 pm

Any Help is appreciated, how we can check in this path

/catalog/view/theme/default/template/checkout/guest.tpl
the html part

<div class="form-group required">
        <label class="control-label" for="input-payment-email"><?php echo $entry_email; ?></label>
        <input type="text" name="email" value="<?php echo $email; ?>" placeholder="<?php echo $entry_email; ?>" id="input-payment-email" class="form-control" />
      </div>
with a JS code not to let customers to complete their order if they have space within their email or it is a pattern like name@.com or name@domain,com

Thanks in Advance

Post by straightlight » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:51 pm

Since you seem to require assistance with custom codes, I would suggest to create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to get this done as a custom job.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON