Post by straightlight » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:09 am

iSearch is an installed extension. By uninstalling the extension, see if the product page encounters the same issue afterwards.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by saliverdim » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:45 am

please help me ?

Post by saliverdim » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:46 am

straightlight wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:09 am
iSearch is an installed extension. By uninstalling the extension, see if the product page encounters the same issue afterwards.
I tried but the result is the same :(

Post by MrPhil » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:21 pm

[[ I'm sure I posted this response a couple days ago, but it vanished. If I have yet another post removed without reasonable explanation, I'll leave! ]]

Something that occurs to me is that the actual search for a product is conducted by MySQL, while all the fixes posted so far involve the PHP side (sometimes modifying the search term). The 64 dollar question is whether MySQL has the capability to do a search while treating ASCII "i" and dotless "i" as the same (transliteration). I'm assuming that both ASCII and dotless "i" are present in the database, and the OP wants to treat them the same. Perhaps something can be done with the "collation" setting in MySQL? Maybe this will result in an "Aha!" moment for someone.

Post by saliverdim » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:31 am

please help me ?

Post by saliverdim » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:33 am

Is this so difficult? i = ı and ı = i for search :((

Post by straightlight » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:52 pm

It shouldn't be difficult at all since this reported issue is not common but rather specific.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:56 am

Just did a quick test on a clean install of 2.1.0.2. Added a product call "Pin" and a product called "pın" (dotless i). Searched for "pin", both products found. Searched for "pın" (dotless i), again both products found.

The problem could be, as others have suggested, with your database settings. Or caused by an extension/theme. Another possible explanation is you have not added UTF-8 characters into your database, but something else like HTML character code.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom