Post by kliMa » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:49 pm

Hello,
What is a difference between PayPal PRO and PayPal PRO Iframe from opencart build in modules?
I'm asking because I can't find any information regarding this. The reason is I don't want to store any fragile CC data in my database and I'm not sure how PayPal PRO works.

Anyone?

Location - London

Post by straightlight » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:11 am

Google search (IFrame): https://developer.paypal.com/docs/class ... -solution/

Google results (PayPal Pro):
Website Payments Pro Integration Guide. Merchants and developers can use Website Payments Pro to accept credit cards, debit cards, and PayPal payments directly on their website. Website Payments Pro also includes PayPal's Express Checkout and Virtual Terminal.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by kliMa » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:47 pm

Hello,
Iframe - obvious, the page and transactions are on Paypal side.

"Website Payments Pro Integration Guide. Merchants and developers can use Website Payments Pro to accept credit cards, debit cards, and PayPal payments directly on their website."

Is it means the credit cards info are stored in OC db and we need PCI compliance to use this plugin then? Still can't find the answer and don't know the difference.

Location - London

Post by kliMa » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:07 pm

Thanks.
"Use the optional Transparent Redirect feature, which helps merchants be PCI compliant. With Transparent Redirect, the buyer enters credit card information on a web form that you host, but payment details are posted silently to the PayPal server when the buyer presses submit, so the credit card details never go through your server."

PayPal Pro hasn't this feature. Transaction Method: Authorization/Sale only.

Location - London