Post by vsdev » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:11 am

Recently I broke my opencart website. I have no idea how, but here is what I'm experiencing, how i've tried to fix it, and things I may have done to cause the issue. On the admin side the languages don't seem to be working.
I see "text_default" instead of 'Default", at first I thought it was a language problem. But then I realized non of my products are showing. Maybe an API issue?

I have loaded in an old .sql backup that fixes everything but it is a very old backup. So I have eliminated the possibility of it being an issue with the core opencart code. I did recently switch the language from "en-gb" to "english" which was added by my theme, and then changed it back to "en-gb".
I have also restored the oc_language table from my backup to my current. That did not fix the problem.

I hope was hoping some the Guru's could shed some light onto what may be going on.

Also should note, frontend is completely fine.
Last edited by vsdev on Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

New member


Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:45 am

Post by straightlight » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:15 am

Ensure the oc_language and the oc_setting tables both have the right language ID value and that the language code corresponds to the one from the installation when using the English pack.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member


Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by vsdev » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:28 am

You sir, are a life saver.
Changed config_admin_language, config_language from english to en-gb in oc_settings
and that fixed it.
Thank you!

New member


Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:45 am
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests