Post by WKDesigns » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:19 am

Opencart 3.0.2.0
Updated Journal Theme

Today my client had a new customer sign up for a customer group that has Approve new customer = YES

The new customer is sitting in the Customer Approval List with his account set to disabled as expected.

However, before any approval was confirmed by the admin the customer placed an order as if they were approved.
Not sure if this helps but attached you will see a screenshot of the recent activity with a hyper link to the customers account info. The hyper link is not present 5 mins later when he placed the order without being approved....

Any reason this happens? I tried to replicate the error without any luck.

Attachments

Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 1.54.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 1.54.23 PM.png (17.54 KiB) Viewed 713 times

Post by daniGo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:48 am

Yes, he placed an order like guest. If you do not want this, you must disable the guest checkout.

http://www.gombac.si

Location - Slovenia

Post by WKDesigns » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:23 pm

daniGo wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:48 am
Yes, he placed an order like guest. If you do not want this, you must disable the guest checkout.
He used his email to sign up to a customer group that had discounted pricing and required approval. So how would he be able to sign up as a guest, using the same email and get discounted pricing? I don't think that your explanation is the case here.

Post by daniGo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:45 pm

I don't know how you seted up discounts, but if you open the order table in phpMyAdmin you can check if the order contain the "customer_id" greater then 0.

If the "customer_id" is 0, then this customer completed the checkout like guest.

http://www.gombac.si

Location - Slovenia