Post by jencathren » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:02 am

I have googled every possible article , forum or YouTube trying to figure out why we are not receiving emails from any sales, registrations or anything site related . I have the email settings as I am supposed to. We are using an email address -forders@insideoutfurnituredirect.com under the Mail Parameters option and under Mail Engine we are using the option: Mail
I did fill in all the STMP information at some point while trying to test this and those didn't work wither. Since I am new to Opencart I tried all variations possible to see what works and we still are not getting notifications. So can someone explain to me the ideal settings for recieving email notifications from sales and new registrations from my opencart site? I am not using a 3rd party SMTP like gmail. I am using my own websites email through my host. Thanks in advance for any help

Post by MarketInSG » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:42 pm

Have you tried testing with a simple PHP mail script to determine if it's a server issue? Sometimes, some server mails end up getting blocked

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by jencathren » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:25 pm

MarketInSG wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:42 pm
Have you tried testing with a simple PHP mail script to determine if it's a server issue? Sometimes, some server mails end up getting blocked
I am new to opencart. I am not sure what that process would be. I spoke to my hosting company just now and they told me everything was fine on their end. I am not receiving nor is the customer receiving any email notifications when an order is made , or anyone signs up for registrations

Post by jencathren » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:42 pm

None of those seem to work. I couldnt even find the Tweak options in the WHS as the first link suggested. This is all very confusing

Post by jencathren » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:53 pm

This is what the settings look like for my opencart store. If there is anyone who can help us figure out how to get notifications for sales and new registrations we would really appreciate it , if it requires payment that is fine. The hosting says these are the correct settings but nothing is coming through

Post by straightlight » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:21 pm

Fascinating … all these posts without the mention of OC version …

Assuming your email configurations are correct, in admin - > extensions - > events page, do you see more than 30 events listed?

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:55 pm

jencathren wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:53 pm
If there is anyone who can help us figure out how to get notifications for sales and new registrations we would really appreciate it , if it requires payment that is fine.
Post in Commercial Support and/or contact us: info@antropy.co.uk

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom