Post by WKDesigns » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:17 pm

Opencart 3.0.2.0
Journal Theme (Current)

Does anyone know off the top of their head if Opencart has an "Out of the Box" Discount Extension based on Customer Group?

-or-

A preferred Module.

Post by straightlight » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:43 am

Out of the box, the discounts are already associated with customer groups when adding the products to the cart.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Johnathan » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:57 pm

You can set up discounts for customer groups by using the product's Special or Discount pricing. Those can be assigned to individual customer groups, though you have to do it individually for each product.

If you want something that can give an automatic percentage discount to customers within a certain group, Total-Based Fee/Discount can do that. You'd set it up like this:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHARGE #1
Title: 10% Off for Special Customers
Charge Field: -10%
Rule: Customer Group is Special Customers

Note that this is an Order Total extension, so the discount won't show up until the items are added to the cart. If you want to show the discount before the items are added, you can use it in conjunction with Display Specials With Discounts, which lets you do that for any/all Order Total extensions.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by WKDesigns » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:57 am

Johnathan wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:57 pm
You can set up discounts for customer groups by using the product's Special or Discount pricing. Those can be assigned to individual customer groups, though you have to do it individually for each product.

If you want something that can give an automatic percentage discount to customers within a certain group, Total-Based Fee/Discount can do that. You'd set it up like this:

CHARGE #1
Title: 10% Off for Special Customers
Charge Field: -10%
Rule: Customer Group is Special Customers

Note that this is an Order Total extension, so the discount won't show up until the items are added to the cart. If you want to show the discount before the items are added, you can use it in conjunction with Display Specials With Discounts, which lets you do that for any/all Order Total extensions.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.
Absolutely impressed with your explanation/support. The only question I have in response would be, could/would a % discount using Total-Based Fee/Discount be applied to the discount amount using the opencart discount tab? - or - only the regular product price?

Post by Johnathan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:48 pm

By default, my extensions use the cart sub-total for any total-based calculations that are done. This should include any pricing changes done by Special or Discount prices. If you want to use the original product price instead, you can add a rule like this to the charge:

Rule: Total Value = Pre-Discounted Sub-Total

That will ignore any Special or Discount pricing for the extension.

Administrator

Post by rkeles » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:16 am

Hi,
I had website and only one customer group setted and called "Kurumsal" (corporate).
We also offering award points when customers buying products. For example If customer (ofcourse only Kurumsal customer group can get award points because only one group setted and all customer is in Kurumsal) buy Machine, they win 10 points.

Now, we made new customer loyalty program. And we gave loyalty card to some of customers. Our aim to make extra %5 (or sometimes %10) discount for card holder customer. (we called them "OptiPuan Kart Üyesi")
I think there is no way to make customer based discount? Do I have to make another customer group to make discount on who is in that group?
I think so..
any way, I created second customer group and called it "OptiPuan Kart Üyesi". I desided to buy Total-Based Fee/Discount modele (https://www.opencartx.com/total-based-fee-discount ).
Is that module can better solition for me? or do you recomend any other modules?
And my second question is: We have thousands of products, and all produts have award points but for Kurumsal customer group. For second group (new created group) there is no award points seems! How can I copy same award points value from Kurumsal customer group to second customer group easy way?
Its gonna be very diffucualt to set one by set...
Please give me addvise for best and better way for log term.

thank you.

Attachments

award-point.PNG

award-point.PNG (13.61 KiB) Viewed 2730 times

Post by Johnathan » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:19 pm

Total-Based Fee/Discount is easier to set up discounts for an entire customer group, but it's not part of the OpenCart "Discount" system. That means it won't show up on the product page, so you'd need to find another way to notify your customers of the discount (like a newsletter or a banner). Once the customer adds items to their cart, they'd see the discount automatically.

If you already have the extension and have any questions about it, you can contact me at www.getclearthinking.com/contact for support.

For the reward points values, if you wanted to duplicate the values in bulk you'd need to modify your database directly. You'd basically need to duplicate all the rows in the "product_reward" table, and then change the "customer_group_id" value for the new rows. That would let you duplicate all of them at once. One way to do this would be to export that database table in phpMyAdmin, duplicate all the rows, and change the customer_group_id values in the duplicated rows. You could probably do that in a spreadsheet editor without too much difficulty.

If that's beyond what you can do, you should consider hiring a developer to do it. If you need to find a developer, you can post a request in the OpenCart "Commercial Support" forum, which is checked by a number of OpenCart developers. You can also try checking out the OpenCart "Partners" area.

Administrator