Post by straightlight » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:50 pm

First of all you are thinking that we all users here are Native English Speakers but we are not !
Nowhere to be said on the topic.
You guys asking us to read all rules before having a post ; I am pretty sure that all of you reading the terms and conditions when you log into any site , don't you ?
Definitely, yes.
If you pretend to be a helper as an experienced user you should firstly understand that "A NEWBIE" or "A NOOB" has a post here cause it has a problem and her/his priority is not reading the terms or rules or whatever.
Beside the point. You are posting a new request and argue about an unsupported configuration and expect the forum supporters to have the answers when this file is not being delivered active out-of-the-box with Opencart.
I did not changed a file , the site was working fine for a year. Then the hosting company I worked decided to close their server
Exactly what I did indicated above; contact your host at this point even before you indicated an hosting change since it was already obvious.
Yes I am not a professional web developer but I did not even change a file or thing.
May be not, but the solution was already offered.
I have spoked with the hosting company and they told that OC must be the problem cause system show operating normally.
If OC would be the problem after a hosting change, then everybody switching hosts would end up in the same situation and Opencart wouldn't be as flexible as everybody else are able to operate their sales with already.
Instead of explaining rules or discussing my extreme start here ; I would like to get proper lead for me like people at the beginning.
Which is why, in order to get accurate solutions to the poster's problems, forum rules must be read and understood. So far, what is highly noticeable on the forum are the new users creating a topic by skipping the instructions so for forum supporters to determine the root cause. Instead, forum posters already builds these undescribed FAQs from their own perspectives and expecting with such limited information to get the answer they're looking for.

In the past season, the forum had a wide number of topics requesting free custom codes without being able to fully explain their purpose and goals to what they'd like to do with these provided and partial codes on their topics. In the end, they all post the same way by thinking that by this simple imaginary person that will resolve their issues, they won't need to re-post again. In reality, if this were the case, the statistical results at the bottom of the forum wouldn't increase. It would rather remain on a low level and nobody would need to post on a persistent basis on the forum. As you can see, it is definitely not the case here. People are, of course, more than welcome to post supported issues and to those who posts unsupported issues, it is also the reason why the forum also support the Commercial Support section in order to complete their custom requests. In addition, they can definitely take a look on the Marketplace by using this little search box tool on the left-end side when using a computer. When using Mobile, the Marketplace may still be questionable regarding its functionality but still works. Am I reading the terms and conditions? Yes, as even the Commercial Support section step is on it!
No one asked me to speak with hosting company which I already asked them about the problem.
My point exactly. Which means, you were expecting to have the answer before providing the complete issue on your first post which, most likely, creates more replies due to incomplete information. The addressed, bolded and indicated information on your behalf about contacting your host was only on your previous reply about it.
Try to catch my perspective cause currently I can not catch yours
On this quote, I couldn't agree more since, it is clearly, you did not bothered to read the forum rules before posting. Otherwise, may be you would or would not understand them either. However, I do not see anywhere from the users where questions about the forum rules were also highly amended where creating a new topic; despite the subject they are posting about either.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by OSWorX » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:03 am

Very short: contact me and I will check what is going on.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by mmsonmez » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:23 am

Thanks for your nice reply. I was so sure that i was missing something which was so basic .
I feel so dummy but i had to share the problem i had so anyone who have the same problem can solve it without loosing mind as i did :)

Seems i had two files at my server:
1-index.html
2-index.php

Just cause of previous hosting company settings index.php was probably at first priorty and my site was working for a year without having a problem but my new hosting company has higher priority for index.html which is manually prepared for maintenance and my main problem.

@OSWorX , I was going to use the code you shared and figure out I had 2 files and saw the content of index.html

Thanks for the people who spent time for helping me

Best regards
Melic

OSWorX wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:14 pm
Very short (and last try!):
mmsonmez wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:38 pm
My current problem is my site is showing white page maintenance page ..
No, the problem sits in front of the screen
Either you have the maintance page (shows at least the logo etc.) or a white page.

If maintenance page, a setting is wrong.
If white page (..) - simply enable the error output and be surprised what you may see (on the screen) ..

Last tip: add this to your index.php (at the beginning):

Code: Select all

error_reporting( E_ALL );
ini_set( 'error_reporting', E_ALL );
ini_set( 'display_errors', 'On' );
Oh, sorry .. very last tip: did you ever checked your error.logs (shop and server)?

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:38 am

Well, better don't take any of it personal, it's of no use. OC is all about
competition, not only financially, but also, when it comes to manifest
personalities. And each one of us has our own, so, frequent clashes cannot
fully be avoided. Still, most of them do not reach the Front Side of this place,
you therefore better take it as a rare exeption, that your topic has been misused,
to release personal frustrations. ;)
---
So, better publish your two config.php file content, exept for database credentials,
and the REWRITE Routine of the .htaccess file, as I told you in my first reply, to find
out first, if you missed something in one of those files, to start with, again ! :D
Ernie
Last edited by IP_CAM on Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by OSWorX » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:44 am

Many providers - including me - creating new accounts with a blank index.html.
They can also prevent to access an already installed shop - a method which can be used also if someone works longer on it.

Did not think of it, because I thought you had already checked this ..
Glad it works now.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by MrPhil » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:07 pm

mmsonmez wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:38 pm
My current problem is my site is showing white page maintenance page but If I go mysite.com/index.php eveything works fine ; I am pretty sure I am missing something which is simple.

- when I open www.mysite.com/ IT shows maintenance mode
But if I open www..mysite.com/index.php site is working normal.
We need clarification. When you say "white maintenance page", are you talking about a blank white screen (the White Screen of Death), or something that is clearly the "maintenance page" with information on it? A blank white screen (or maybe a partial screen) is caused by a PHP code error -- something mangled the code (possibly a hacker) and you should find an error message somewhere (you may have to enable error reporting first).

A complete maintenance screen, on the other hand, would mean that you are somehow in maintenance mode, but just for this means of entry. If it works OK when you explicitly give "index.php", it sounds like your .htaccess is misdirecting you somewhere (is there a DirectoryIndex entry you're not showing?). Don't forget that you normally go through multiple layers of .htaccess files (one per directory, if you have them), and not just one (although I have seen hosts where they jump you to the target directory and its .htaccess, skipping over the others!).

You're not getting a 500 error due to those "Options" entries, are you? Be sure you've checked your server error log. Many hosts now ban "Options" entries on security grounds.

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !.*\.(ico|gif|jpg|jpeg|png|js|css)
RewriteRule ^([^?]*) index.php?_route_=$1 [L,QSA]
Just to recap what this section does, if the requested file name or directory doesn't exist AND it's not a request ending in .ico, .gif, etc., it fires the Rewrite Rule to pass anything up to but not including a ? to index.php with URL Query String _route_=string. I'm not sure what the author is getting after there, because the URL Query String does not participate in the pattern match ^([^?]*) anyway. The QSA flag says to "glue any incoming Query String" on to the end of the rewritten URL, which is needed because the explicit Query String given would otherwise cause the incoming Query String to be discarded.

Also, RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !.*\.(ico|gif|jpg|jpeg|png|js|css) could be rewritten more cleanly as RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !\.(ico|gif|jpg|jpeg|png|js|css)$ [NC], meaning "requested file name does NOT end in .ico, .gif, etc." which is an AND clause. You can add the NC flag to ignore case (match .ICO, etc.) which may be necessary on Windows servers, although a request for .ICO should not match an .ico file on a Linux server.

Post by OSWorX » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:21 pm

MrPhil wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:07 pm
Already solved, he had a index.html beside the index.php in the root directory.
Which was called when he opened the site without index.php

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:38 am

when I open www.mysite.com/ IT shows maintenance mode
Well, and if I try to open www.mysite.com/, I don't even find an OC anywhere. :choke:
But it just does not work this way, as long as you do not share anything usable,
to possibly enabling someone else, to at least get an idea on what your'e talking
about.
---
How about someone upgrade the forum software to put a big bold notice
Well, someone tried, a while ago, to get this places organized a little more, as I recall. ::)
But it ended up in misery, as expected, since one cannot start to make new Rules, based
on nothing but Ideas, and in a Place, where, by Example, Version Numbers always played
a minor Role, when it comes to official Publications, on Github, like anywhere else. For
Newbies at least, because they don't yet know, where to look for ... :choke:

So, how should Newbies know (anything), in the first place !?
Or then, on an 'unanswerred' or 'active Topics' Page, does anyone see anything
about a Version ? And if one clicks onto a Posting, does anyone see a Version, without
going up to the top of the Page first ?

It's those little things, making OC Life harder, than it could be, if done right. But the
fellows in charge have much more important work to do, as it looks, than caring much
about this place. And by just using someone else, there is always a risk involved, that one
overestimates the Competences, and it will end up in misery again.

But the more MATURE OC get's, the less free Spirit exists, by Nature of any Business.
This needs to be understud. But without taking care of free Supporters, there won't
be much free help left, for those in need, because for free Supporters, it's not a MUST,
to use this place, just to frequently feel miserable again...
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by OSWorX » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:40 am

Well, this forum is named 'Community Forums'.

Basic question: do the developer - and his team as long as exist ? - of OC count himself as part of a Community?
Next question: does anybody here feel himself as part of a Community?

The mature of OC is to make money.
Why not?

And as long as users downloading and installing OC, it is in their own responsibilty that they should know what they are doing.
What version they are using.
How the server is configured.
How the shop itself is configured.
How the legal situation is.

Shame is, that many of the so called forum 'users' are not indiviuals or simple shopowners, no - too many of them are agencies and members of such lousy companies.
They try to keep their money (what for) and try to get answers from others for free.
Instead of learning.
Instead of hiring experts.

Not to forget all those 'little indians' which are crawling here around and trying to make business with their free email address accounts.

The summary of all of that is, at the end the 'experts' loosing and lost their interest to help.
Also a result of the fact, that when you offer your help, the other part is either not responding anymore or not willing to pay that service (if offered as paid when not free).

Also a result of OC members not acting and reacting .. and let the forum flow ..

A bad mixture!

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by straightlight » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:19 am

And as long as users downloading and installing OC, it is in their own responsibilty that they should know what they are doing.
If so, then not only the term responsibilty should rather be spelled responsibility would a bit contradictive with this point of view:

Code: Select all

The mature of OC is to make money.
Why not?
since, let's not forget there are Commercial Support users who are still willing to provide their work professionally from the forum to provide a clean installation to their new posters and from those who understand the dedication on starting an OC store financially compared to the localhost posting subjects.
How the server is configured.
How the shop itself is configured.
How the legal situation is.
+ 1 - couldn't agree more. However, more detailed aspects have also been dictated on the forum rules.
Shame is, that many of the so called forum 'users' are not indiviuals or simple shopowners, no - too many of them are agencies and members of such lousy companies.
Unfornately, we can't track them all since payment providers do collect the data from which account information those payments originates from whenever a custom job has been fulfilled / completed by their contractors. One of the reasons why job posting websites do collect the mount of customer data in order to track replicated values before being able to collect financially.
They try to keep their money (what for) and try to get answers from others for free.
Agreed. However, there is nothing particularly wrong to provide free support to a supported request. The bad side of this is, as said above, the mount of topics being created regarding unsupported issues which all leads to the blame of Opencart while the issue has nothing to do with it. In either case, forum supporters can't really benefit based on the provided knowledge that the free-loaders are requesting in the first place.
Instead of learning.
Instead of hiring experts.
It is agreeable to state here that not all users may not know how or where to gather these informations since Opencart does not seem to have an official documentation built-in out-of-the-box from the website nor on Amazon for the newest releases. Technology does evolved fast. However, people simply needs to learn to read the forum rules in order to learn the basics. Besides, last year, in the General Support section of the forum for v2.x releases, I did set a static topic regarding the Essential Tools: viewtopic.php?f=190&t=165636 . As far as I am concerned, the topic where I am replying right now, today, is still under the General Support section of v2.x releases of the forum as we speak.
Not to forget all those 'little indians' which are crawling here around and trying to make business with their free email address accounts.
A bit discriminating here since not only Indians do crawl here around to make Business with free emails. Other Countries do it as well. Otherwise, it would be considered Opensource-limited that could be provided only.
The summary of all of that is, at the end the 'experts' loosing and lost their interest to help.
Also a result of the fact, that when you offer your help, the other part is either not responding anymore or not willing to pay that service (if offered as paid when not free).
Agreed!

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON