Post by jimbo505 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:05 am

So I need to fix my SSL, or rather disable anything other than 1.1 and 1.2?

My host gave me this code to try:

<?php$ch = curl_init('https://www.howsmyssl.com/a/check');
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
$data = curl_exec($ch);
curl_close($ch);
$json = json_decode($data);
echo $json->tls_version;

Shows as TLS 1.2

Because SSLlabs.com shows that TLS 1.0 protocol is configured as "yes' so opencart or my server is just using 1.0 instead of using 1.1 ?
TLS 1.2 Yes
TLS 1.1 Yes
TLS 1.0 Yes

Post by straightlight » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:09 am

If your host was able to demonstrate that your domain already is compliant with TLS v1.2 release, then PHP and CURL are not the issue. OpenSSL must still be upgraded in order to be compliant with the current codes provided in Opencart to connect via UPS API.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jimbo505 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:43 pm

I found on both servers the version using phpinfo, is this what you meant by being out of date?
OpenSSL 1.0.1e-fips 11 Feb 2013

---I may be getting somewhere, I was able to update the server (just Plesk update, not sure of all the files it updated), still shows my Curl as 7.19

Did the test that ADD Creative gave me and got:
bool(true) string(0) ""

but now UPS is throwing me a code that my Access Key is invalid. So at least it's talking now.. I hope

Post by straightlight » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:32 pm

OpenSSL 1.0.1e-fips 11 Feb 2013
Quite of an old OpenSSL version but the minimum requirements to connect via most of the APIs via Endpoints is OpenSSL v1.0 . This should not be an issue at this period of time.
---I may be getting somewhere, I was able to update the server (just Plesk update, not sure of all the files it updated), still shows my Curl as 7.19
As indicated on my previous post, PHP and cURL are not the issue.
but now UPS is throwing me a code that my Access Key is invalid. So at least it's talking now.. I hope
The connection has been established with UPS but UPS is returning a response that the Access Key entered into the OC admin is invalid as it must be validated. Once the Access Key corrected, you should be able to obtain successful results from UPS.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jimbo505 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:05 am

Quite of an old OpenSSL version but the minimum requirements to connect via most of the APIs via Endpoints is OpenSSL v1.0 . This should not be an issue at this period of time.
So my version of should be okay for now?
The connection has been established with UPS but UPS is returning a response that the Access Key entered into the OC admin is invalid as it must be validated. Once the Access Key corrected, you should be able to obtain successful results from UPS.

Well I double checked the access key and it is correct. Contacted UPS and they confirmed access key is valid
They are asking for a complete XML/Soap Envelope request and response ... etc
So not sure what to do now

Post by jimbo505 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:35 am

Okay.. finally I'm getting somewhere.. new server running Centos7 and PHP 7...

Attached is a screen shot .. all of it working!!

So now I have to either move my current site or set it up from scratch?
Any ideas on what I should do?.. gees

Attachments

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg (70.36 KiB) Viewed 4525 times

Post by straightlight » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:36 am

See from your admin/controller/extension/shipping/ups.php file and your catalog/controller/extension/shipping/ups.php file if both of the access key variables matches with this name:
shipping_ups_key

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:38 am

Moving your site to the new location with the same domain would be good strategy as long as you make a full backup of your store and its database in this case since PHP 7 seem to be more adapted to the Industry compliance regarding the use of remote APIs.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jimbo505 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:56 am

straightlight wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:36 am
See from your admin/controller/extension/shipping/ups.php file and your catalog/controller/extension/shipping/ups.php file if both of the access key variables matches with this name:
shipping_ups_key
I think you meant: (model and not controller on my version 2.3.0.2.)
catalog/model/extension/shipping/ups.php

Any instance of UPS Key is labeled 'ups_key' and not 'shipping_ups_key'

Post by rgarcia » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:40 pm

My site just ran into this issue last week and have been searching for a solution on getting the UPS shipping options to show up (I was very close to just starting over). I'm running version 1.5.5.1 (i know i need to update) and had php 5.2 running on my server. I changed my php version to 5.4 and made the change on the ups.php file to look for the new server at https://onlinetools.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate around line 200 and this worked for me. I did try and change to php 5.6 but this broke my site with opencart 1.5.5.1

Thanks for your post and just wanted to share what worked for me in case others have same issue.
RG

Post by jimbo505 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:00 pm

RGarcia -
In the end it was:
Update my server with the latest patches (auto-update was off)
Use PHP 7.0 and setting the Mem Limit in PHP to 265M (2 shipping queries - ups and usps need more memory)
While still using: https://www.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate
And well of course have another server to test everything out and not on a production site

If in the future it craps out again, then I will know to try the new url: https://onlinetools.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate

I am in the process of moving my site over (from the old issues) to a new one, so starting off fresh is nice. I know it's a pain but if you don't have a lot of extensions, its a good idea. I really like version 2 and version 3 looks nice. Waiting on some extensions in the marketplace to get updated.

And thanks to:
straightlight
ADD Creative
humble1

It wouldn't be fixed without you all and I learned a lot...

Post by straightlight » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:57 am

I think you meant: (model and not controller on my version 2.3.0.2.)
catalog/model/extension/shipping/ups.php
Correct.
Then, this would be wrong. Each extensions has their own prefix excluding the extension/extension folder. For instance, payment would have the payment_ prefix in each config / post keys of the module and the same for shipping with the prefix: shipping_ .

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jimbo505 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:58 pm

Then, this would be wrong. Each extensions has their own prefix excluding the extension/extension folder. For instance, payment would have the payment_ prefix in each config / post keys of the module and the same for shipping with the prefix: shipping_ .
[/quote]

I didn't change any of the variables in the ups.php file, 'ups_key' is exactly how it comes default. It the stock UPS system.

Post by straightlight » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:18 am

I didn't change any of the variables in the ups.php file, 'ups_key' is exactly how it comes default. It the stock UPS system.
While you may be right, there was a short period where Opencart contained invalid configuration keys which I did posted several corrections on many topics from the bug reports section of the forum about it.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by WKDesigns » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:54 pm

toddsworld wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:04 am
:joker: GEEZZZ, I thought I tried this the other day and it didn't work, before I tore my whole site down. But Guess what? You are DA MAN! ADD Creative for making me try this again. It worked! Thank you ADD Creative and Straightlight for your assistance. Now I guess it's back to work for me ;D
I'm not getting the UPS Extension to work either. I'm looking in the ups.php file but looks like opencart made updates to the code because your fix of replacing $this->config->get('ups_ with $this->config->get('shipping_ups_ seems to have been corrected. Any ideas why my shipping rates are not appearing? Maybe you will notice something in my php file?

Attachments

unmodified ups.php

Post by straightlight » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:16 pm

BCIadmin wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:54 pm
toddsworld wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:04 am
:joker: GEEZZZ, I thought I tried this the other day and it didn't work, before I tore my whole site down. But Guess what? You are DA MAN! ADD Creative for making me try this again. It worked! Thank you ADD Creative and Straightlight for your assistance. Now I guess it's back to work for me ;D
I'm not getting the UPS Extension to work either. I'm looking in the ups.php file but looks like opencart made updates to the code because your fix of replacing $this->config->get('ups_ with $this->config->get('shipping_ups_ seems to have been corrected. Any ideas why my shipping rates are not appearing? Maybe you will notice something in my php file?
On the official bug reports topic about UPS I created, steps are already included during discussion on how to troubleshoot the array when posting the forms to compare those keys. Similar to this solution but use it for UPS instead: viewtopic.php?f=201&t=192113#p703773

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Ninjas-Everywhere! » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:20 am

Sometime within the last few days, the ups.php plugin broke. I discovered it when a student tried to pay for an item in the store. They were getting the Fatal Error ...catalog/model/extension/shipping/ups.php on line 243 when trying to select a Shipping Quote.

When I initially setup OpenCart, I made the changes posted here, https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/5783, to get the UPS plugin working with no other issues. Going back to this thread, I found that changing URL fixed the new problem. Here were the changes made,

-- From --
https://www.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate
-- To --
https://onlinetools.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate

Hope this helps someone.

Post by SScott » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:07 am

Ninjas-Everywhere! wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:20 am
Sometime within the last few days, the ups.php plugin broke. I discovered it when a student tried to pay for an item in the store. They were getting the Fatal Error ...catalog/model/extension/shipping/ups.php on line 243 when trying to select a Shipping Quote.

When I initially setup OpenCart, I made the changes posted here, https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/5783, to get the UPS plugin working with no other issues. Going back to this thread, I found that changing URL fixed the new problem. Here were the changes made,

-- From --
https://www.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate
-- To --
https://onlinetools.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate

Hope this helps someone.
This is exceptionally helpful to me. Thank you!!!

If anyone wants to insert it into a VQMOD here is what I used:

Code: Select all

<!-- This mod fixes the change UPS made -->
<file path="catalog/model/extension/shipping/ups.php">
<operation>
<search>
<![CDATA[
$url = 'https://www.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate';
]]></search>
<add position="replace">
<![CDATA[
$url = 'https://onlinetools.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate';
]]>
</add>
</operation>
</file>
<!-- This mod fixes the change UPS made -->

Post by straightlight » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:06 pm

A new URL has been posted regarding the UPS API recently: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/pull/6869 . See if that fixes the issue.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON