Post by rgroetz » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:48 am

Hi,

I have adapted some php-files for e-mail handling and stylesheet.css. But my changes are not working (means OC ignores my changes). I read a lot about how OC caches, but I didn't find a solution.

I would pay for any help which provides the solution. Maybe skype session?

THX
R.

Post by Qphoria » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:56 am

I'll give you a crash course.....

1. The basic database caching in OpenCart has been greatly reduced since the 1.5.x days.. The only things cached now are the modules for latest, bestseller, popular, etc.. manufacturers, and languages.

2. In 3.0, the twig template englne has a cache which does need to be cleared if you are changing twig files. Best to disable it until going live.
The location of this cache setting is hidden on the admin dashboard on the right side.. the "gear" icon with no label or any clue that this is what it's for. Like a cache speakeasy!

3. OCMods will create an override version of a file that loads from the database.. so if you have a file that is being ocmodded, changes to that core file won't be picked up until the modifications are refreshed.

4. Browser cache.. for things like images, scripts, and stylesheets, the browser may cache that content. Always hit Ctrl+F5 on the site to do a hard refresh that clears the browser cache

5. vQmod has its own smart caching system knows when the core file or the script file has changed and will automatically grab the latest if there are changes detected so its generally not a problem.

6. The server may have system level changes like opcache which is at the php level and is a pain in the zzz to deal with when trying to make changes or debug. So be sure that is off until going live.

7. Caching mods like Nitro need to be cleared after changes and should be disabled during tweaking. Some themes like Journal2 also have their own built in caching system so check that too.

8. .htaccess directives for caching expiration... This is another PITA to work with. Be sure you disable all .htaccess caching modifications

The main ones are 1 through 4.. so be sure to check all those

Administrator

Post by Justin49 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:45 pm

Hi ,

I can help you.

You can reach me on Skype: cisin.justin or Email: justin.cl@talentsfromindia.com so that we can discuss this further.

Justin
+14074139057

Post by deepvyas » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:51 pm

Hi ,
Greetings!
I checked your post and can help you
Have prior expertise to meet your expectation
We can discuss further on deepvyas71@gmail.com
Awaiting to hear on same

Regards,
Deep

Expert Opencart Developer & Designer | S: deepvyas71 | E: deepvyas71@gmail.com

Post by rgroetz » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:59 pm

Qphoria, thx for this great explanation.

R.

Post by rgroetz » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:17 am

Qphoria wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:56 am
I'll give you a crash course.....

1. The basic database caching in OpenCart has been greatly reduced since the 1.5.x days.. The only things cached now are the modules for latest, bestseller, popular, etc.. manufacturers, and languages.

2. In 3.0, the twig template englne has a cache which does need to be cleared if you are changing twig files. Best to disable it until going live.
The location of this cache setting is hidden on the admin dashboard on the right side.. the "gear" icon with no label or any clue that this is what it's for. Like a cache speakeasy!

3. OCMods will create an override version of a file that loads from the database.. so if you have a file that is being ocmodded, changes to that core file won't be picked up until the modifications are refreshed.

4. Browser cache.. for things like images, scripts, and stylesheets, the browser may cache that content. Always hit Ctrl+F5 on the site to do a hard refresh that clears the browser cache

5. vQmod has its own smart caching system knows when the core file or the script file has changed and will automatically grab the latest if there are changes detected so its generally not a problem.

6. The server may have system level changes like opcache which is at the php level and is a pain in the zzz to deal with when trying to make changes or debug. So be sure that is off until going live.

7. Caching mods like Nitro need to be cleared after changes and should be disabled during tweaking. Some themes like Journal2 also have their own built in caching system so check that too.

8. .htaccess directives for caching expiration... This is another PITA to work with. Be sure you disable all .htaccess caching modifications

The main ones are 1 through 4.. so be sure to check all those
Thanks for help. Now it is a bit easier for me, but some of your explanation I don't understand because I am a newbie in OC.

The problem with the stylesheet I solved, also with the Mail-template.

Could you please give me detailed instructions (regarding 3. OCMods) which steps I have to do after I change a PHP-File? For example: I want send the order confirmation via /web/catalog/controller/mail/order.php to 3 other hardcoded email-addresses, but the changes in the file do not have an impact.

Thanks for help.

R.

Post by purpletreesoft » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:28 pm

Probably you need to do a modifications refresh.

Purpletree Software LLP
New features launched for Multivendor Marketplace Extension