Post by coldmolasses » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:44 am

Hello,
I'm new to open cart but have been building a store and I am really enjoying the ease of OpenCart. However I have a few questions.

1. During check out, we see "I agree to Terms & Conditions". I was wanting to add an additional statement to the end of that. I've searched online but I am only seeing posts for OpenCart v0.x and was wanting to know the location/php file for OpenCart 2.0.

2. Is there a contact form built into OpenCart? If not, am I able to add my own php contact form. If yes, then where is each page stored? For example, I've been adding pages to the "information" section and then updating the footer.tpl/footer.php file with the changes. However my page location is usually "...ndex.php?route=information/information&information_id=4". Are these pages stored at separate .php files, if so where? (Sorry, know very little about php, just enough to get by)

3. Disabling registration. I've read in another form post that to disable the registration I can just redirect the links to the guest checkout. Do this by:
Editing:
catalog/controller/checkout/shipping.php
catalog/controller/checkout/payment.php
catalog/controller/checkout/confirm.php

And replacing:
"$this->redirect($this->url->https('account/login'));"

With:
$this->redirect(HTTPS_SERVER . 'index.php?route=checkout/guest_step_1'));

However this was from an OpenCart 1.5+ version. Would this still be the case in OpenCart 2.x+?

Thanks for your help,
Chris

Post by rjcalifornia » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:11 pm

coldmolasses wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:44 am
Hello,
I'm new to open cart but have been building a store and I am really enjoying the ease of OpenCart. However I have a few questions.

1. During check out, we see "I agree to Terms & Conditions". I was wanting to add an additional statement to the end of that. I've searched online but I am only seeing posts for OpenCart v0.x and was wanting to know the location/php file for OpenCart 2.0.

2. Is there a contact form built into OpenCart? If not, am I able to add my own php contact form. If yes, then where is each page stored? For example, I've been adding pages to the "information" section and then updating the footer.tpl/footer.php file with the changes. However my page location is usually "...ndex.php?route=information/information&information_id=4". Are these pages stored at separate .php files, if so where? (Sorry, know very little about php, just enough to get by)

3. Disabling registration. I've read in another form post that to disable the registration I can just redirect the links to the guest checkout. Do this by:
Editing:
catalog/controller/checkout/shipping.php
catalog/controller/checkout/payment.php
catalog/controller/checkout/confirm.php

And replacing:
"$this->redirect($this->url->https('account/login'));"

With:
$this->redirect(HTTPS_SERVER . 'index.php?route=checkout/guest_step_1'));

However this was from an OpenCart 1.5+ version. Would this still be the case in OpenCart 2.x+?

Thanks for your help,
Chris
Hi,

Do you want to remove customer registration?

Opencart already offers a contact form

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by coldmolasses » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:37 pm

Thanks for your reply. Yes I want to disable registration and only allow guest checkout.

Post by rjcalifornia » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:13 pm

coldmolasses wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:37 pm
Thanks for your reply. Yes I want to disable registration and only allow guest checkout.
You can try using an extension:

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=15213

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by MrPhil » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:26 pm

For #1, you need to learn how to easily search your files for a given text string. You should preferably have a copy of your site on your PC, but searching can also be done on a live server. For a Linux system, use grep to search for a string (regular expression, so it's more powerful than a simple search) through all the subdirectories. For Windows, use findstr, which has a "/r" flag to use a regular expression rather than a fixed string (and /s to search subdirectories).