Post by xphotodaz » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:21 pm

I am trying to reduce the price of a product.
I can change it in the back end of each product but when i view the product as an admin and as a customer (ie logged out) it's still at the original price. When i try to add to cart it's still at the original price too. Has anyone come across this?

I was using a bulk product editor, i have disabled this to see if it's that but it isn't.

Thanks

Post by simonpieman » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:01 am

Its very strange. Are other changes you make in th esystem/databases being update? i.e. its just the price? when you go back to admin to check after making the change, is the new price, or old price showing?

Go the All Blacks!

Location - NZ - Auckland

Post by straightlight » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:30 am

Clear your system/cache folder (excluding index.html) and your vqmod/vqcache folder (if you use it). Then, notice the price changes afterwards from the admin and the store-front end.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by xphotodaz » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:34 pm

Hi thanks for the suggestions.
Unfortunately that didn't work. I tried it both ways, clear system cache from the modifications page and using ftp. I also deleted the vqmod cache folder using ftp but neither have worked.
I can change the price at the back end but the price stays unchanged on the customer end. Text changes to description or title etc are reflected but sadly not the price.

Strange

Post by xphotodaz » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:37 pm

The bizarre thing is that you can sometimes refresh the browser and see the price changing back to the original in front of your eyes. That's in Chrome and safari and explorer.

Strange

Post by straightlight » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:58 pm

Ensure to have set full permissions to your database. If the database already has full permission, in Google Chrome, use the developers kit and look at the console tab noticing any errors where the price is located.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by xphotodaz » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:12 pm

Update.
When you find the product by category and show it in list or grid view the changed price is shown. Then, when you click the product to view the detail of it the price is the old price.
I have set it so that that you can't add the product to cart from grid or list view because i have some custom options that need to be entered before adding to cart.
If the DB permissions weren't set correctly this would stop the price change being displayed at all levels.....wouldn't it?

Post by straightlight » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:16 pm

Which OC version are you reporting this issue?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by xphotodaz » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:11 pm

Hi.

2.3.0.2 with a custom theme from Template Monster

Thanks

Post by straightlight » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:31 pm

Caused by an installed extension. I recalled on fixing one of the extensions during a custom job where the jQuery code in the product.tpl file needed to be updated and also for SEO links. It might be the same extension you are referring about. Which one do you use?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by xphotodaz » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:48 am

I have a couple.
Custom Input option (for pricing cost per length)
Auto update price

Both from Billy Noah.

Estimate shipping
Postcode based shipping

Both from Clear Thinking.

These extensions themselves work as they should but are only available when you click through the actual product’s own page.
I have disabled them individually but it’s had no affect on my problem.

Post by IP_CAM » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:21 am

Well, those option 'auto-update price' Extensions belong to the most problemsome
Mods, I wasted costly time, and with one exeption Testshop, I was not able to make
it work, regardless of, what extension I used. The Javascript, usually beeing part of
such Mods, probably collides with some other Code, so I delayed this to be my
very last Modification, whenever everything else works as planned.
Just to have it mentioned... ;)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by xphotodaz » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:36 am

It’s worth looking at for sure. It just seems strange that the product detail page doesn’t display the actual product price.
I can disable the price update (by pulling the xml file out of the vqmod folder and see if that’s the problem) I’ll clear the vqmod cache and see what happens. It’s the only thing I haven’t done yet.

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:01 am

Unfortunately that didn't work. I tried it both ways, clear system cache from the modifications page and using ftp. I also deleted the vqmod cache folder using ftp but neither have worked.
I’ll clear the vqmod cache and see what happens. It’s the only thing I haven’t done yet.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by xphotodaz » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:38 am

I’ve contradicted myself there obviously.
I have deleted the vqmod cache to no avail.
I simply meant that the only thing I hadn’t tried was to pull the price auto update xml from the vqmod folder. Then delete the cache again.

Post by victorj » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:01 am

Loads off suposed errors are browser related.
try clearing your browser cache, close browser and relaunch.
Noticed that chrome keeps showing old data from pages after a page update.

Koeltechnische deurrubbers eenvoudig online op maat bestellen.
Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.
https://koelcel-onderdelen.com

Expert Member

Location - Alkmaar Holland

Post by xphotodaz » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:10 am

Thank you I did consider that so cleared cache and relaunched. I also checked in different browsers and the problem persists.
I’m definitely leaning towards the auto price update extension but the developer assured me it won’t be the problem. I’ll know as soon as I pull it from the vqmod.

Post by victorj » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:13 am

did you check in admin if product price was changed after you did a mass product update.
if price in admin is correct try saving product and check again.

You did not say wich theme, but if youre using yournal you should clear journal cache as well

Koeltechnische deurrubbers eenvoudig online op maat bestellen.
Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.
https://koelcel-onderdelen.com

Expert Member

Location - Alkmaar Holland

Post by xphotodaz » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:32 am

Yes, the price is correct in admin. It’s also correct in customer category grid and list view, just not on the individual product page.
I’m using a custom theme not journal. I don’t think there’s a cache folder in the template folder but I’ll check.

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:35 am

Revert back to the default theme and see if the same issue occurs. Put your site under short maintenance if your site is already in production mode.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON