Post by yellowplanet » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:33 am

Hi there,
I'm very new to all of this having only come across OC by accident earlier today.

I'm in the UK and have a product that I make and sell to UK customers for one price, but I have a source who makes them for US customers.
Therefore I have two different prices for the same product that isn't simply a currency conversion.

Is there a way I can specify a fixed price for US customers for these products?

I'm using OC 3.0.2.0

Cheers,

Jon

Post by straightlight » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:43 pm

Regrouping the product price by countries may not be suggested since the payment providers already have regrouped databases regarding the total price level for each associated regions. Which means, even though a merchant would want to define its own prices through the store for a specific country area, there are possibility of restrictions involved whenever a customer reaches the relative payment providers before the order can be processed.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Johnathan » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:28 am

I could have sworn there was an extension for this, but I can't seem to find anything in the marketplace. Hopefully someone has one and will post in this topic.

If not, I think the closest you're going to get is a per-customer-group product pricing, like with this extension:

https://www.opencartx.com/customer-group-price

You would then need to map your customers to different customer groups based on their location, which might be too much of a work-around depending on how your store is set up. If you need to hire someone to customize that extension, I'd recommend getting in touch with that developer (wedoweb) to see if they're willing to modify it for you.

If not, you can post a request in the OpenCart "Commercial Support" forum, which is checked by a number of OpenCart developers. You can also try checking out the OpenCart "Partners" area.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:28 am

You probably meant this one:
Customer Group Price
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... on_id=6501
found here:
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... up%20Price
Ernie
---

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by yellowplanet » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:55 am

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I thought of a way I might be able to get around this problem but need to check a few things first.

I was thinking that I could simply setup each product with no shipping cost and then add an Options section where customers have to select their shipping country. These options can then add the appropriate extra costs.

What do you think?

Jon

Post by straightlight » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:54 am

What do you think?
By applying this strategic approach, ensure to obtain a quote from a reliable shipping provider to ensure the selected and aside option is relative to the shipping fees the customer actually needs to add to the order (via API) so not simply to rely on your store's quote to accomplish this. I believe there's already an extension on the Marketplace providing these types of features for customers to obtain direct quotes from the product page but not sure of the name of that extension.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Johnathan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:29 pm

yellowplanet wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:55 am
Thanks for the replies everyone.

I thought of a way I might be able to get around this problem but need to check a few things first.

I was thinking that I could simply setup each product with no shipping cost and then add an Options section where customers have to select their shipping country. These options can then add the appropriate extra costs.

What do you think?

Jon
That should work, as long as your product cost is the same for the entire country. If so, it seems like it could be a good solution.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator