Post by winterinthesun » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:52 am

Can anyone give me advice on how to add a second email address to admin - system - setting - store
It seems that when a customer send a contact us it is sent via the email listed in that location rather than the mail setup which is used for register and order confirmation.
I need to add a second email address to the store email.
You can in earlier versions like 1.5.4.1 because I had it set without a problem but in 2.3.0.2 it gives and error saving it when doing the same.

I hope someone can help,

Many thanks

Post by rgbrewer » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:08 am

If I'm understanding you properly, then in your store settings, go to the mail tab. At the bottom is a field called additional alert email.

Post by simonpieman » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:16 am

I do not have that version open now. but in seettings->mail is there a mail field at the bottom for the second email address?

Go the All Blacks!

Location - NZ - Auckland

Post by winterinthesun » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:28 am

many thanks for the responses.

no, i have added the additional email in that area but contact us emails do not get sent to that email address only the main store email address.
It seems that in additional email it sends copies to all for new orders and registration but not contact us enquiries.
In earlier versions (1.5.4.1) you would add an additional email address for this in the main store admin email like this, myname@blogs.com, mysurname@blogs.com and then you would receive emails to both but on this version it gives an error when saving it.

So at the moment our two email addresses get notifications for orders and registrations but contact us only gets a notification to the main store email address

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:13 am

this one still uses the same code as v.2.3.0.2:
Opencart Contact Form Fix
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=25250

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by winterinthesun » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:25 am

Hi,

Many thanks for replying,
I don't think this is what I want though.

I just need to add a second email address into admin - system settings - store - email as this where the contact us emails are sent to. Unfortunately it wont save if I enter two emails with a comma separating them.
It does in my old open cart 1.5.4.1 and worked ok.

I just need to receive an email to two of my email addresses that I have set as admin when some one contacts us so we can both see thee the enquiry from our customer. At the moment I can only receive an email to one as you cant add a second email address on this version of opncart.

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:38 pm

What about this box?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by winterinthesun » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:49 pm

Hi Paul,

No, There is not a facility to tick the box for contact us.
I already have orders and register ticked and the additional email in that additional email box and get them sent for these ok.

emails are sent via the registered store email address, I know this because I have a completely different email there and that is where they go to.
On opencart 1.5.4.1 you used to be able to put 2 email addresses with a comma between but in this version it will not let you.

It is very frustrating.

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:53 pm

winterinthesun wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:49 pm
There is not a facility to tick the box for contact us.
Ah I see.

It sounds like asking a developer from the Commercial Support forum to make a small modification is your best bet here.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom