Post by ianhaney » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:54 pm

Hi

I am trying to sort products out for Google shopping on a 2nd site I have and got the following errors/warnings

Invalid price in attribute: price - I think this is because I have product options on some products so I have set the main price as 0.00 and then the site displays the lowest product option first

Product pages cannot be accessed from a mobile device - Not sure what this means as the sites product pages are mobile optimised

Product pages cannot be accessed - Not sure what this means as I can access the product pages all ok with no issues

Missing microdata for condition - I have added product schema code but it breaks my product page for some reason (I am using opencart 2.0.3.1)

Can anyone help please as I have no idea about this so need a experts help if possible please

Thank you in advance

the site is https://www.broadwaymediadesigns.co.uk/store

Location - GB

Post by uksitebuilder » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:29 pm

The default OC Google Base does not do product options and so the main product price is used for all items in the feed. Prices of 0.00 will cause errors

See this link regarding the mobile device error and the pages cannot be accessed error:
https://support.google.com/merchants/an ... 6?hl=en-GB

Also check that your robots.txt is not blocking Google if you have one - Check your server error logs for any 404 / 500 errors.

Make sure that the microdata is formatted correctly as per the microdata schema and use the testing tool to find out what errors you are getting:
e.g. https://search.google.com/structured-da ... tl-branded

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by ianhaney » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:34 am

Thank you for the reply, appreciate it

How do I get around the issue of the product options and the prices being 0.00 as the main product price, if I make the main price the lowest product option price, would that work or would it mess up the product option prices?

I'll look at the links you sent and also at my robots.txt file

Location - GB

Post by ianhaney » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:52 am

I have requested indexing of the urls that were coming up for Product pages cannot be accessed and Product pages cannot be accessed from a mobile device.

I think Google is getting confused over the robots.txt file, I have one in the main root and one in the store folder where the opencart site is but for some reason Google is picking up the one in the main root, I wonder if that is why its got the errors about product pages cannot be accessed and cant be accessed from a mobile device.

The errors I am getting after running th testing tool is below

quantity
3 (The property quantity is not recognized by Google for an object of type Product.)

price
£10.83 (The property £10.83 is not a valid price specification. Learn more about http://schema.org/price.)
warningpriceCurrency
The priceCurrency field is recommended. Please provide a value if available.

How do I fix them issues?

Location - GB

Post by ianhaney » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:03 pm

Hi

Just a quick update, I have sorted most of the issues now. Just got the following issues now

Missing microdata for condition - if I get this extension - https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=19110 - will that solve this error/warning/notice and also will it solve the issues on the structured tool test where I was getting the following errors

quantity
3 (The property quantity is not recognized by Google for an object of type Product.)

price
£10.83 (The property £10.83 is not a valid price specification. Learn more about http://schema.org/price.)
warningpriceCurrency
The priceCurrency field is recommended. Please provide a value if available.

I guess the price issue is because I had no product main base price but hopefully will be sorted now I made the base price the product option lowest price

Invalid price in attribute: price - regarding this one, I have put the lowest product option price as the products main base price so hopefully will sort this issue

Location - GB

Post by uksitebuilder » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:00 pm

If you use that extension, you would need to remove the microdata extension (at least from the product page) as our extension adds it's own microdata that conforms to Google's requirement.

You can't have two lots of the same microdata on the page.

The problem with the price is that you are/were inserting a currency symbol in the microdata which is not allowed.

Guru Member

Post by ianhaney » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:19 pm

ahh ok I will do that when I buy it which should be today

the microdata related extensions I have already in place is the following

OpenCart 2 JSON-LD Google Product Schema
Product Rich Snippets

I am guessing I need to disable or uninstall both rather than just the one as sounds like I don't need them both when I get that extension

Location - GB

Post by uksitebuilder » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:41 pm

Shouldn't need both as multiple microdata snippets on the same page will cause a problem

If you are only bothered about the microdata for Google Shopping, then by all means uninstall the other extensions after installing ours.

However, if those other extensions add microdata for additional pages to the product page, then you may want to ask there developer how to remove the product page microdata

Guru Member

Post by ianhaney » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:14 pm

OK thank you for all your advice/help, I'll get your extension today and install it and remove the others as only bothered about having the microdata for Google Shopping

Location - GB

Post by davidcropley » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:19 am

I struggled for a while as google feeds from the google base extension in Opencart were being imported into the Google Merchant Center but there was an error with all of the prices. I tried removing currencies not acceptable to google but this did not help. Finally I cracked it when I noticed at the very bottom of the Merchant page ( you have to scroll down a line!) is an option to set the default currency. Hey presto, it now accepts all of my product prices!
:laugh:

Post by Jansuh » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:26 pm

davidcropley wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:19 am
I struggled for a while as google feeds from the google base extension in Opencart were being imported into the Google Merchant Center but there was an error with all of the prices. I tried removing currencies not acceptable to google but this did not help. Finally I cracked it when I noticed at the very bottom of the Merchant page ( you have to scroll down a line!) is an option to set the default currency. Hey presto, it now accepts all of my product prices!
:laugh:
Thanks! I overlooked that also. Working fine now