Post by 1991x » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:51 pm

Hi,
I use version 2.2.0.0 opencart and I'm trying to make dropdown select for city form (not input). In admin side I edit admin/view/.../sale/order_form.tpl. To make it works I should change validation script for "city" variable. In my case I changed into "city_id". But "protected function validateForm() {" in admin/controller/sale/order.php is not exist. So, I need to find this but I don't know where is it.

Code: Select all

if ((utf8_strlen($value['city']) < 2) || (utf8_strlen($value['city']) > 128)) {
					$this->error['address'][$key]['city'] = $this->language->get('error_city');
				}

Anybody can help?
Last edited by 1991x on Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tempatnya Tas Keren Backpack Slingbag

Post by cyclops12 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:18 pm

Try looking in admin/controller/customer/customer.php around line 1082

Expert Member

Post by 1991x » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:43 pm

cyclops12 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:18 pm
Try looking in admin/controller/customer/customer.php around line 1082
I'm not sure it's customer.php. There'e no setOutput for order_form. :(

Post by straightlight » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:50 pm

The getForm() method needs to be modified. API required to assemble / recruit the created variables into your catalog/controller/api/order.php file.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by 1991x » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:13 am

straightlight wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:50 pm
The getForm() method needs to be modified. API required to assemble / recruit the created variables into your catalog/controller/api/order.php file.
I don't really get this. Can you tell me more detail step by step?

Post by straightlight » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:55 am

If you'd like to get an API developed, it would rather be suggested to look on the marketplace or to post a request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to get this developed as a custom job.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by 1991x » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:30 pm

straightlight wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:55 am
If you'd like to get an API developed, it would rather be suggested to look on the marketplace or to post a request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to get this developed as a custom job.
I see. So it's more complicated than I thought.