Post by katlee » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:51 pm

I will not deny that I'm not a computer savvy as I used to be, but I did manage to get the store up and running, including getting Paypal Standard and Square running. However, I tried getting a few extensions installed and some worked... and some didn't. Somehow this has resulted in doubling of some entries and most others not being doubled.

So, first, I'm using v2.3.02. I tried installing the vqmod and that seemed to go alright. It wasn't the first one I installed. I installed a few themes and that went fine (one of the first things I did, I like things to look good). Got PayPal up and working, then got Square up once it became available.

I've also installed Extension Uninstaller, Social Like Lite,... I believe I saw something with "ocmod" in it. I do have everything I downloaded to add to the store in a folder, with the unzipped ones in their own folders. I'm nothing if not pretty organized.

I have no issues with backing up and restoring. I actually first tried getting rid of the whole thing, reinstalling it (this is through my provider's "Softaculous" setup (allows me to just install whatever I want), then tried to restore my backup made in the OpenCart tools. That didn't work, so I restored a previous backup of the OpenCart installation, then restored inside OpenCart tools and that worked fine. Unfortunately, it gave me back the old error (which may have been in the previous OpenCart installation backup, not the smaller backup from tools, I never thought to check that.

Ok, a few screenshots that will hopefully give folks an idea of what's going on:

It also doubles the "Analytics" category like this.

Modifications that I followed the directions for (refreshing, etc.). Haven't tried to disable any of these.

This is the most annoying one. I can't figure out which one to change the theme on, doesn't seem to make any difference if I enable one of the others and disable the "Radiance" one, it then gives me an error that I need to choose a theme.

Thanks in advance. I just want to get it running right, although it is at least running for the moment. :)

Kat

Unique Jewelry. Fine Art. Things of Beauty

Post by katlee » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:13 am

Oh, and a link to the store itself. :)

http://katleeshank.com/store

Thanks!

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:20 am

I'm nothing if not pretty organized.

Well, this seem obviously to be the case, after reading your Comments.

But you don't even have a Theme activated in your shop at present, so,
it will not work anyway. And for what reason did you install VqMod? You
already have it's Sister OcMod installed by OC default... ::) , it would
be much better, to first get smart on those things, otherways, you won't
succeed with OC anyway.

And better forget that Softaculous Thing also, too many peoples already
only had problems with it. Just better KILL everything, and start a DEFAULT
OC Installation, as it should be done, and then, use the DEFAULT Theme, until
you have installed everything, and if it works, you could always change to another
Theme, and find out, if it works as planned with the existing Source.

BUT BE AWARE, that some weary OC Custom Themes also CHANGE default
OC Code, and if they are uninstalled again, the Shop is broken for good, because of this.

Good Luck, you'll need it, I assume... 8) ;)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by katlee » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:47 am

I was afraid you were going to say that. :crazy: Then here's my other question. Can I still use my backup that has my customers in it at least? A lot of my product has changed enough (and I'm low as well) that redoing it all won't be that annoying, but I hate to make my customers sign up again (I don't have many, but... ya know, still trying to look professional and all).

Thanks for your reply. I know y'all get lots of dumb questions around here, so I appreciate the time. :)

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:06 am

Well, the Content of your Database could be converted, to match your new Version,
and everything else is no longer of any use, exept for the Images, you have, and it's
even potentially dangerous, to just overwrite existing older Versions, since they leave
masses of no longer useable Files on a Server, for not one good reason at all.

But this does not come for free, in most cases at least:
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... %20Upgrade
Still, some ways exist, but then, one has to know something about OC Technology.
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... %20Upgrade
like this one:
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=19572

Ernie

5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by katlee » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:56 am

I'm not against paying a bit if it will make things better/easier (within "reason", I'm not a big "company", but I do have money put aside for such things). I'm not sure about upgrading to v3, though, but I suppose now that it's been out for a while and extensions/themes are being made for it, it would be worth it (looked and found that Square is made into it, and that was a big thing for me before).

So much to mess with. Wish I could just afford to have someone set it up for me initially so it would be easier to manage later. :P

Post by IP_CAM » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:08 pm

Well, real Business is for most not a freetime Hobby, and those, able to 'handle' such Things, usually try to make a living out of it. Facebook is full of such People, on just about every Posting made, their only replie are, to offer their Help, and some of them are probably not even capable to really assist. But OC is all about Money, so, most everybody tries to get his/her Share... :laugh:

Regarding OC-3, I cannot say, but the next version will arrive during the coming year, that's for sure, and then, it all starts again. So, just keep that in mind,
Software is never finished, regardless of who's creating it.
Good Luck! ;)
Ernie

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland