Post by ALawrence » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:13 am

This is the official topic for the PREMIUM ULTIMATE DISCOUNT extensions, which can be found here:
(Opencart 1.5+) http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=9136
(Opencart 2.0+) https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=27997

Direct support requests may be dealt with faster by submitting a help request at http://contact.anthonylawrence.me.uk

=======
Overview
=======

Allows the shop owner to specify a global discount (either fixed price or percentage) to be automatically applied at checkout.

Features include:
* Ability to set either a fixed price OR a percentage discount to entire store.
* Ability to set either a fixed price OR a percentage discount to certain categories.
* Discount to take VAT/Shipping into account (if you wish).
* Customer group discount (if VIP, give 10% discount throughout).
* No file edits! Simple upload.
* Quantity based discount (buy any 5 from category x, get £10 off).
* Product quantity discount (buy 3 keyboards, save 15%).

Future updates:
* Allow parent category discounts so that child categories can benefit.

=======
Demo
=======

http://opencart.anthonylawrence.me.uk/

Choose any version of OpenCart (bearing in mind which versions this extension is compatible with)!

Admin:
User: demo
Pass: demo

Customer:
User: demo@anthonylawrence.me.uk
Pass: demo

NB: Databases are restored to default on a nightly basis.

=======
Support
=======

For support, please submit a ticket to the helpdesk at http://dev.anthonylawrence.me.uk/helpde ... partment=4 support requests will be handled within 7 business days.

Alternatively, you can find out whether anyone else has shared your experience or has a similar issue by viewing the official forum topic at http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?t=94562

=======
Installation
=======

** PLEASE NOTE THAT THE OPENCART 2.0+ VERSIONS REQUIRE VQMOD **

1) Choose the base version folder (for example, 1_4 or 1_5) - take note of what versions are supported by this extension!
2) Upload the "admin" and "catalog" directories to the root of your OpenCart installation.
3) Login to your admin panel.
4) Go to "Extensions" > "Order Totals".
5) Click "Install" next to "Ultimate Discount".
6) Complete the form as you want it! Note: Status must be set to enabled!
7) Done

=======
FAQ
=======

Q) I have it setup as described but the total doesn't reflect the discount that has been applied.
A) That's normally caused by bad positioning of order totals. Check to makesure that nothing else is given the same sort order as this extension.

Q) When using a fixed price discount, the value shown is different to what's expected. Is this right?
A) This is because the discount is applied in your local currency. For example, if you give a discount of 10 (with your default currency being US Dollars) when a customer switches to British Pounds, the value will be converted.

Q) How do I do tierd discounting (i.e spend over £500, get 10% off. Spend over £250, get 5% off).
A) Add all discounts on the sitewide discount screen and the system will automatically take the highest discount available.

Q) I've got some category discounts but certain products appear to be attracting a higher discount than expected, why?
A) The system will provide a discount for ALL categories a product is listed in, regardless of whether this product has been counted towards a category discount.

Q) How do I add multi-buy discounts to a single product?
A) Create a "special offers" category with sort order -1, then add any products that the buy 2, get 1 free (for example) offer, applies to.

Q) I want to have a tiered multi-buy system, so I can set "if customer buys 5, they get 2% discount but if they buy 10, they get 5% - your system doesn't do this!"
A) It does. On the general settings page you need to enable the multi-buy discounts and then list them IN DESCENDING ORDER (greatest discount first).
Last edited by ALawrence on Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post by milezteg » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:03 pm

Cool looking modification. I found it searching for a mod that will do this:

- Apply x% discount when a customer has spent $x over time. So if a customer spends say $250, they then get a permanent 10% discount. Sort of a loyalty reward program.

Post by milezteg » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:06 pm

My bad! Found a mod to do just that: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... TBE1Osjqi4

Post by ALawrence » Mon May 06, 2013 12:03 am

V1.2 - 05/05/13 - [Opencart version 1.5.0 - 1.5.4.1 (confirmed)]
- Resolved issue with mis-calculated tax
- Costmetic fix: Hide multi-buy when not qualified.
- Resolved multi-buy issue where it only applied once, regardless.

Now available on the OC Extensions Store.

Post by robocop1953 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:24 pm

Hi, would like to know if this extension will provide the following function:

(Example) I have a shirt listed at $25.00 each with a minimum quantity requirement of 25 or $20.00 each with a minimum purchase quantity of 50. The same shirt is available in various colours and sizes. If a customer selects 25 red shirts size M and 25 blue shirts size L will the cart recognize a 'combined total' of 50 and apply the 50 min. qty. price? A major function that we will require to have before making use of Opencart. Appreciate a reply. Thanks.

Post by ALawrence » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:49 am

robocop1953 wrote:Hi, would like to know if this extension will provide the following function:

(Example) I have a shirt listed at $25.00 each with a minimum quantity requirement of 25 or $20.00 each with a minimum purchase quantity of 50. The same shirt is available in various colours and sizes. If a customer selects 25 red shirts size M and 25 blue shirts size L will the cart recognize a 'combined total' of 50 and apply the 50 min. qty. price? A major function that we will require to have before making use of Opencart. Appreciate a reply. Thanks.
Hello,

What you will be able to do is:
- Add "multi-buy products" to a new category (it doesn't have to be visible/enabled)
- Set a tiered multi-buy setup: min 50 shirts, 5% discount
OR
- Set a tiered category setup: min 50 shorts, $20 off

At present it doesn't allow you to specify a 'new price' for a product, just a discount.

Thanks,
A...

Post by Biobas » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:57 pm

I've just installed it in OC 1.5.6.1 but it won't show up in the modules list.
Is it not compatible?

Post by kaysha » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:30 pm

What's the status of this extension?

Have purchased for the multi-buy function, however it will only allow me to use two lines of multi-buy discounts.

Entering any more than two tiers of discounts will delete tiers upon save, retaining only two tiers. I have attempted to list in ascending AND descending order. Could you please get in contact or post a response to this issue? It seems to be a common issue among other users of the extension.

Post by pinkpetite » Fri May 09, 2014 2:42 am

hi,
I saw your ads about OC extensions here http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=9136, and I interesting to purchase this extension but I have some questions.
1. I need extension that can make discount if buyer buy items in 1 category minimal 6pcs.
for example you can see http://lisasdaily.com
If buyer buy everything items in Category PANTY 1 min 3pcs, he/she will get disc @$5/item.
And if buyer buy everything items in Category PANTY 2 min 6pcs, he/she will get disc @$7/item.
And also buyer buy everything items in Category Thong 1 min 2pcs, he/she will get disc @$10/item
..... and many more....
- I need it can be enable/disable
- can be using in some categories
- at each product I put Wholeseller price, is this make any trouble with this extension?
Please let me know if this extension can work & match like I need.

2. my OC using Sellya theme, is this extension can work with mine?
3. And I want to make sure before purchase this, because my last extension can't work maximal in my OC because my sharing hosting limit, if the post size is a little larger mod_security treats the request as spammy or something and thus does the redirect to "Page not found". And my 3rd question is this extension will take post/larger resource if I using this?
Because I will upload hundred to thousand items in 1 category and every categories I want to set each discount.
Please let me know about this.

I'm so sorry if I ask so many questions & I hope you have good news about this extension.
Many thanks.

Post by ALawrence » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:41 pm

A new version has been released for OpenCart version 2.0. This can be located here: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=27997

This has been rebuilt from the ground up and includes a number of performance enhancements when calculating the discounts on large sites.

Post by flexi-print » Mon May 08, 2017 7:02 pm

We get this error message when we try and enable the mod through order totals.

Can anyone help with this as the mod creator isnt replying to any e-mails or support requests

Notice: Undefined property: Proxy::getProductsWithDiscounts in /home2/flexipri/public_html/stv6/admin/controller/total/ultimate_discount.php on line 99

Post by pm-netti » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:05 pm

flexi-print wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 7:02 pm
We get this error message when we try and enable the mod through order totals.

Can anyone help with this as the mod creator isnt replying to any e-mails or support requests

Notice: Undefined property: Proxy::getProductsWithDiscounts in /home2/flexipri/public_html/stv6/admin/controller/total/ultimate_discount.php on line 99
Hi, can you look file admin/controller/total/ultimate_discount.php. What read in line 99?

Location - Kittilä, Finland