Post by Evilonion » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:33 pm

ok so I've installed version 3 to upgrade from 1.5
fresh install of the latest one 3.0.2.0 yet it seems to be full of bugs.
If i go through and implement the various current bug fixes will it be usable or is there no point and better to stick with version 2?
If it is usable then id like to go with it as it seems to be a massive improvement over previous opencast versions...

Is there a full list for the bug fixes in a sticky post or do i have to hunt them all down?

Post by straightlight » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:32 pm

The latest release is usable. People just complains about it because they don't apply bug-fixes from either the forum bug reports section or from the Github Opencart page issues tab nor moving the system/storage folder outside the public_html folder with write access which brings them to their own conclusion that the platform is full of bugs when it isn't that bad.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Evilonion » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:08 am

ok thanks, if thats the case i will go through the bug fixes that i see you have been working on.
the main one for me is that every module when you click to activate it, it stays inactive like amazon login etc.
as long as the main parts of the cart work like checkout etc then small bugs i don't mind as even 1.5 still has/had bugs.

what permissions do i need to change on the storage folder? i clicked on a button when first installed to move the folder which it seems to have done... since then if i try to upload an image nothing works so I'm assuming permissions have to be set on that folder...

Post by straightlight » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:39 am

the main one for me is that every module when you click to activate it, it stays inactive like amazon login etc.
as long as the main parts of the cart work like checkout etc then small bugs i don't mind as even 1.5 still has/had bugs.
Referred as the extensions. The master files on Github Opencart contains all the patches regarding the extensions in order to properly save the form settings in the admin.
what permissions do i need to change on the storage folder? i clicked on a button when first installed to move the folder which it seems to have done... since then if i try to upload an image nothing works so I'm assuming permissions have to be set on that folder...
It is best to manually move the storage folder outside your public_html from your host file manager. Then, the setting permission for this folder would need to be set to at least 0755. Then, to configure your storage folder definition in your config.php and admin/config.php so that Opencart can use the relocated folder rather than the old location of your storage folder in order to properly store the data.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Evilonion » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:36 pm

ok thanks, is there a way to download all the master files or do i have to go through and do each one individually?
Im new to github tbh and not sure how to find the download links.

regarding the storage folder it automatically moved it outside of public_html and set permissions to 755 when i installed oc3.

Post by straightlight » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:51 pm

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Evilonion » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:48 pm

ok great thanks
i take it they don't update the one on the main download page here as much then?
does the github file have all the changes as they happen then? as i see quite a few bug fixes that you've done/updated on this forum?

Post by straightlight » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:51 pm

i take it they don't update the one on the main download page here as much then?
Correct. The main focus and priority of the OC team is over Github. The rest is provided for decoration purposes as to simply show that the platform still exists with the same issues on the opencart.com website.
does the github file have all the changes as they happen then? as i see quite a few bug fixes that you've done/updated on this forum?
Most of my solutions have been implemented in the master files already. Although, there are others that weren't considered even though it may have helped users particularly.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Evilonion » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:14 am

ok great thanks for taking the time to answer.
last time i was involved in updating etc was back with 1.5 and I've not had to do anything for quite a few years.
ill check with the github updates regularly.

Post by Evilonion » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:57 am

ok so I've gone through and uploaded the very latest v3 from github.
the changes you've shown in the bug tracker for amazon hadn't been done so i followed the steps and amazon, klarna checkout and others still won't enable.

do you know if there is a setting somewhere that i need to change?
the extensions section of the site must have correct permissions as I've uploaded nitro pack and other mods and they have installed perfectly well.

storage is outside of public_html and has 755 permission throughout.

Post by straightlight » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:02 am

do you know if there is a setting somewhere that i need to change?
According to your explanation, however, since you also installed extensions, always ensure your extensions are priorly uninstalled before applying any patches to all extensions that is originally delivered from the core. Afterwards, test your posted arrays in each modified controllers by finding:

Code: Select all

$this->response->redirect
add above:

echo "<pre />\n";
print_r($this->request->post);
echo "</pre>\n";

exit;
Once the form submitted, post the array on your next reply and you'll also be able to make the comparison between my instructions you found from the bugfixes and your posted array noticing if they do match the changes that was instructed to.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Evilonion » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:12 am

ok ill try and give that a go.

one bug that keeps popping up randomly when i click to uninstall the extensions is:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Error: Could not load model marketplace/event!' in /var/sites/f/firesidefabrics.co.uk/storage/modification/system/engine/loader.php:100 Stack trace: #0 /var/sites/f/firesidefabrics.co.uk/public_html/upload/admin/controller/extension/module/amazon_pay.php(103): Loader->model('marketplace/eve...') #1 [internal function]: ControllerExtensionModuleAmazonPay->uninstall(Array) #2 /var/sites/f/firesidefabrics.co.uk/storage/modification/system/engine/action.php(79): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #3 /var/sites/f/firesidefabrics.co.uk/storage/modification/system/engine/loader.php(59): Action->execute(Object(Registry), Array) #4 /var/sites/f/firesidefabrics.co.uk/storage/modification/admin/controller/extension/extension/module.php(57): Loader->controller('extension/modul...') #5 [internal function]: ControllerExtensionExtensionModule->uninstall() #6 /var/sites/f/firesidefabrics.co.uk/storage/modification/system/engine/action.php(79): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #7 in /var/sites/f/firesidefabrics.co.uk/storage/modification/system/engine/loader.php on line 100

Post by straightlight » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:20 am

This was also on one of my topic's bug reports regarding this issue. You may have just simply missed it.

In admin/controller/extension/module/amazon_pay.php file,

find all instances of:

$this->load->model('marketplace/event');
replace all with:

$this->load->model('setting/event');
This should rectify the issue.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Evilonion » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:22 am

something really doesn't seem to be working correctly.
if i try to upload an image to a product it says the directory doesn't exist.
everything is set to 755 and storage folder is set in the config file.
im a bit confused as to what isn't quite set right

Post by straightlight » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:24 am

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Evilonion » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:30 am

right ok, thank you. seem to have taken up plenty of your time this evening so thanks for helping!
do you think i should just stick with v2 until v3 is more stable? seems to be quite a lot of bug fixes to get through as the changes you've listed in the bug tracker forum aren't on the latest release over at github.

Post by Evilonion » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:37 am

just been to github, seems that fix is in the latest download version and is already implemented on my site so its not caused by that...

Post by straightlight » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:42 am

Option 1: Falling back with previous encountered bugs from v2.x releases that still requires bug fixes topics to be pointed at
Option 2: Fixed most of the issues for v3.x but still in between bug fixes and fixes that won't be considered for the bug tracker while users, including you, still encounters those bugs that have been reported on Github on my behalf.

Option 3: Use the overclocked version of Opencart which may not be the most updated version of Opencart regarding features and the use of the APIs but apparently totally bug free.

A bit disappointing to learn that, for most people, it seem to be a point of no return solution while all of my bug fixes have been posted already. Perhaps I should just recruit them all together in one topic so that people could implement them once and for all. Although, it seem that even separately, the issue is not about seeing separated topics nor about being recruited topics - it's rather knowing how far people are really willing to sell their products while technology keeps evolving with time.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Evilonion » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:02 am

ah ok, sorry i thought v2 was stable. v1.5 has been stable for quite some time.
the trouble is with v3 I'm adding the bug fixes but they don't seem to be working.

the image upload bug fix on github you linked to doesn't fix my issue as the code has already been changed.

with your other bug fixes i will spend the day tomorrow going through every one that i find and upload all of the changes.
if the login with amazon is my main issue then ill stick with v3! although image upload does need to be fixed.
i think its causing issues with the nitro installation as well as when i try to compress images that throws up errors as well... i can only assume access is incorrect although folder is set to 755.

Post by Evilonion » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:04 am

i think a sticky topic with completed bug fixes in it would be a great idea