Post by Neji_Mehrez » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:47 pm

I am using OpenCart 3.0.2.0, and I would like to add my private key to be able to use the SSL, the problem is that OpenCart accepts only the 1024 bit key and my website is using 2048 bit key and i cannot generate a 1024 bit key

How to fix this?

Thank you

Post by kestas » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:11 pm

Hi,

maybe this one https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... _license=0
can help you... I mean this developer.

Cheers

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by ADD Creative » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:25 pm

The Encryption Key field in the OpenCart settings is just for use in OpenCart's built in encryption functions. It has nothing to do with SSL. To get SSL working you need to install the certificate on your hosting. Or are you trying to achieve something else?

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by straightlight » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:08 am

PHP compared to SSL may only support a solid 256 bits out of 2048 when using algorithm other than SSL which SSL do support a higher tolerance for the solidness of the resourceful algorithm. However, you'd need to contact your host in order to install such level of SSL certificate that can only be added to your domain by a relative SSL certificate provider compared to the self-signed SSL certificates.

For instance, one of the reasons why the certificate X.509 V3 was also abolished this year is because SSL V3 provides better protection.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Neji_Mehrez » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:36 pm

Thank you all, ADD CREATIVE thank you for this remark, so I don't need to change the default key that it comes with opencart in the settings - security part?

Post by ADD Creative » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:58 pm

The Encryption Key field is generated randomly on install, there should be no need to change it. If you do want change it, because it doesn't look random enough or you've use it elsewhere, etc. Make sure it's long and as unique and random as possible.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom