Post by JeremyK » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:55 pm

Hello!

I have a clean install of 1.5.6 that's gone very well except I cannot edit product anymore. I am logged in as the admin account and a second or so after clicking a product to edit, the edit product screen turns to a permission denied screen and says to contact the admin.

Screenshot:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1nzZD ... sp=sharing

I can still create products, but when created, cannot edit. Any help would be most appreciated as it is very hard to make my catalog without the ability to edit!

Thank you,
Jeremy

Post by butte » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:08 am

In admin System / Users / User Groups / Permissions / Top Admin for each box Select All then Save.

Guru Member

Post by waxcpc » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:49 am

I'm getting the same problem even after I Select all the fields in user group:

I still get this error when I try to edit orders (Specifically when I try to insert a coupon)

Post by pablofiumara » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:51 am

Hello waxcpc,

Do the coupon exist? To check it out, go to Sales/Coupons and tell us which codes you can see over there. Those are the coupons available.

If you have any more questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Hope it can help.

Post by butte » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:09 am

The implication seems to be that you somehow managed to deny to Top Admin permission to change Top Admin permissions. You can force that in the database using the host's phpMyAdmin in the user groups table. Back it up first.

Guru Member

Post by rolloutking » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:57 am

I got this problem when I updated to OC 1.5.6.1. It is related to the openbay extension that comes with the default install of 1.5.6

The Fix

Go to System > Users > User Groups & select the group you want to edit.

Ensure extension/openbay is checked.

Save and reload.

You should now be able to access the product page for that user.

Post by butte » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:18 am

A fix, not the fix -- symptoms can owe to varied causes. The three instances above, in sequence, are 1.5.6.0, 1.5.4.0, and your 1.5.6.1 (which you related back to 1.5.6.0). The 1.5.4.0, shortly later remedied, had several things going on in concert.

Guru Member

Post by abin@opencart » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:56 pm

I create a new user group called demonstration, and give permission for product edit but it shows a "Permission denied to editing products" message i fix it by login as top admin and navigate

System > Users > User Groups->demonstration(my new user group) and give access and modify permission to

extension/openbay

saved after refresh my problem solved :D

Post by apperucho » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:23 pm

HI,

I don't have openbay installed but am still unable to either insert or edit orders.

Any suggestions, please?

Thanks.

Post by eddielai » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:16 pm

Works like a charm! :dance:
abin@opencart wrote:I create a new user group called demonstration, and give permission for product edit but it shows a "Permission denied to editing products" message i fix it by login as top admin and navigate

System > Users > User Groups->demonstration(my new user group) and give access and modify permission to

extension/openbay

saved after refresh my problem solved :D

Post by Pushpanil » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:20 pm

Hello every one i am new in opencart after given permission for payment module i tried to edit but it show "Permission Denied! Home Permission Denied!
Permission Denied!
You do not have permission to access this page, please refer to your system administrator." message..how to fix please help me....
thanks...

Post by straightlight » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:17 am

Dipak_Tiwari wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:20 pm
Hello every one i am new in opencart after given permission for payment module i tried to edit but it show "Permission Denied! Home Permission Denied!
Permission Denied!
You do not have permission to access this page, please refer to your system administrator." message..how to fix please help me....
thanks...
No OC version posted. Which payment module specifically?

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON