Post by nazar@itd.no » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:15 am

Version 2.3.0.2
Hello. I am very new to Opencart, though I have good understanding of how things work. I have some programming experience.
I have installed Opencart on my computer (Windows 7, Apache 2.4 and PHP 5.6). I have read a number of articles and seen youtube videos regarding Opencart:
In Opencart Admin, I have configured the mail tab in settings - Store - Edit.
In Options tab, there are no Alert options I can set to "Yes". At time being i would like to enable mail alert when new order is registered.
Are these options (e.g. New Order Alert Mail) moved to some other section?
(I have also installed a 3.x version, and these options are missing from there too.)

Please advise
Regards
Nazar Khan

Post by straightlight » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:29 am

All the events alert you can see are displayed from your admin - > extensions - > events page. The options are not included by default.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by nazar@itd.no » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:00 pm

Hello. Thank you for quick response. I may be missing something or maybe my first post was not clear enough.
In Events, I have only one item. "voucher", and it is disabled.
In Settings - Storename - Edit - Option tab. I do not have any options for mail alert.
Do I need to download/buy an extension for these options to be available? If so which extension. I have tried to find it, but only see extension to extend the functionality. For now I am just trying to have Opencart send mail when an order is registered.

Nazar Khan

Post by daveyoi » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:33 pm

In opencart 2.3.0.2 - you setup mail alerts from the mail tab. There is a checkbox under the main mail details form.

Tristar Web Solutions

Post by nazar@itd.no » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:03 pm

Hello.
My Apollogies for not seeing that. I was a bit "blinded" by the youtube videos i had seen.
Also, my smtp server was misspelled, so i didnt get any mail. Now it is working.
Thank you for your patience.
Should i mark this "Solved" in some way.
Regards,
Nazar Khan