Post by ohioguitarman » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:40 am

I created a product and can not get it to show on my home page? I deleted the default products and now there is nothing? Please help me. Thanks!

Post by rjcalifornia » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:24 am

Hello!

Well, before you create a product, you have to set up categories. To display products on the homepage, you need to enable the Feature module and add the products that you want to display.

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by straightlight » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:14 pm

Partially correct. The category does not need to be created in order to assign a product to the store whether from the product page or within a module.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by dlav2001 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:54 pm

I deleted all the example products from my opencart.. somehow that also seemed to eliminate my Featured products (or at least the default featured producrs).
I have no idea how to get the featured window back...

I have gone to design... layouts.....selected features.... selected centered bottom and in the pull down... featured homepage... and save.....
That did nothing. When i go back into that after saving it remains all blank.

I have also gone into banners. Added pics but nothing again...

I have also added a different theme with a feature and it still doesnt show up.

Www. Store.inokamanori.com. if you want to see..

How do i get my featured products back on my homepage. And how do i put products on that feature

Post by straightlight » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:57 pm

The Opencart version has not been posted. However, in v3.x releases, the featured products is an extension module. It can be managed from your admin - > extensions - > extensions - > modules (x) - > Featured. The route can then be edited once you submit the changes by clicking on the layouts and set it to the homepage. At this point, if the home page does not appear, it may be due to the following statements:

- You did not clear all caches
- You did not properly adjusted the home page route from the layouts. If not, simply see other layouts on that list based on the proper use for the home page route. :)

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by rjcalifornia » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:11 pm

dlav2001 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:54 pm
I deleted all the example products from my opencart.. somehow that also seemed to eliminate my Featured products (or at least the default featured producrs).

I have gone to design... layouts.....selected features.... selected centered bottom and in the pull down... featured homepage... and save.....

How do i get my featured products back on my homepage. And how do i put products on that feature
What is your OpenCart version? You have to add the products to the Featured module if you want them to appear on the frontpage

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by straightlight » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:30 pm

rjcalifornia wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:11 pm
dlav2001 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:54 pm

What is your OpenCart version? You have to add the products to the Featured module if you want them to appear on the frontpage
Why this redundancy? I already mentioned it above ...

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by dlav2001 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:33 pm

thanks Guys. I managed to fix it somehow....

I had to go into 2 different area's of OC to make changes.

the other Problem I have, is I am adding products to my cart.

I do them exactly the same, I have compared my Categories to each other, and each category is identical in each field, and my products are identical to each other. (besides category/product name and other individual changes.).

The problem is my products show up in the item list: ----> Here: http://store.inokamanori.com/index.php? ... path=59_70
but when you click on the product it takes you to the home page but with a different URL: http://store.inokamanori.com/Jeden

Yet this product works: http://store.inokamanori.com/index.php? ... path=57_71
and it will take you to this URL: http://store.inokamanori.com/index.php? ... duct_id=54

So I guess in essence. Some products show up with an end URL of: /index.php?route=product/product&path=57_71&product_id=54 (These products work). but these other products show up with a URL of /Jeden, These don't work.

I am sorry if I don't make sense, I am hoping if you click on the links you will see.

I have even deleted the products that don't work. Sometimes they fixed, I deleted the categories, I have changed the product to a different category, still won't show up.

Thanks.
You guys are geniuses.

Post by dlav2001 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:54 pm

I figured it out. I don't have any idea what this does but on the product page, SEO tab, I had a "Keyword" there. I deleted the Keyword and the product showed up....

thanks guys.