Post by Qphoria » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:43 am

Video Tutorials
http://qphoria.blip.tv/

1. How to upload folders and files to your server using FTP (Be sure to watch in fullscreen)
This covers the basics of unzipping the package and uploading the files to your server. Even covers how to download and use a simple FTP program. The video has full audio. You do NOT need to copy each file separately. Just copy the parent directories over the top of the same directories on the server. See the video for details.

Administrator

Post by vimal » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:21 pm

Very nice and informative video. Thanks.

Just a note that I think people should also consider as not all contributions are exactly what you need. So if you copy the way shown in the tutorial video it replaces your original file. Hence no way to revert unless you have backup files.

Hence, 3 things to consider.
1. If you know the contribution works for you and is exactly what you need. Go ahead and do it the way shown in the video. Its so easy to do it and very productive.
2. If you just want to test it or are not sure of the contribution. You might want to add files one by one. Of course, you will rename your original file to something else like abc.org and then add the abc file to the folder.
3. If you have modified the files before, you must save your original and follow pt 2.

Just my 2 cents worth of sharing...As I have done the pt 1 before and realized it is not what I need and then had to revert back to original files from the downloaded package.

www.beeshop.se
Starta webbshop, Starta e-butik, Starta e-handel

Location - Sweden

Post by Daniel » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:40 pm

can i add this to the screencast page?

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Alan Mor » Wed May 05, 2010 10:05 pm

Thank a lot Qphoria! im a newbe with OpenCart and this video tutorial helped a bunch.

Thanks again.

Post by levyproject » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:26 am

Thanks Q!!!! I would love if you create more videos similar to this for different topics....It really helps us noobies understand how the system works. This is honestly my first time venturing into online carts and I feel like you guys and OC were sent from ABOVE!!!..haha....Let me just say...no matter what kinda video you post...if it involves OC...I WILL WATCH!!! THANK YOU!!!

Post by jefcully » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:12 am

This is a very useful info for newbie like me , I liked it very much, There is a very useful tips for how to install opencard. we should make this type of videos more often and shared it with all the members so that no one has any problem facing towards it. i love this concept and hope will implement soon.

Post by londonsandy » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:55 am

Just what i needed, i thought, and judging by the comments it looks great, as i need help getting this up and running. But when i looked at the videos i cant get any sound, another friend also checked and there is no sound, any possibility of looking into this please?

Post by Xsecrets » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:51 am

londonsandy wrote:Just what i needed, i thought, and judging by the comments it looks great, as i need help getting this up and running. But when i looked at the videos i cant get any sound, another friend also checked and there is no sound, any possibility of looking into this please?
tells you in the first post that the video doesn't have sound.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Joxe » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:34 am

A tutorial video of "How to upgrade OC" would be awsome :D

Maybe some day...someone... ::)

v. 1.4.9.6 & v. 2.0.2.0

Post by Handyortung » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:52 am

@vimal, it would be great to consider the 3 things you mentioned early.
Its really helpful to view the video tutorial and keep in mind the things when editing something, first need to save the original. Thanks.

Handy Ortung
SEO-Firma

Location - Dresden

Post by Qphoria » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:19 pm

Joxe wrote:A tutorial video of "How to upgrade OC" would be awsome :D

Maybe some day...someone... ::)
Just about done with it

Administrator

Post by Emerald » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:45 am

When I went to that link, I got "404 - That Blip has sailed." LOL. Anyone have a new link?

Location - Georgia, USA

Post by Qphoria » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:33 am

Emerald wrote:When I went to that link, I got "404 - That Blip has sailed." LOL. Anyone have a new link?
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9645

Administrator

Post by Avvici » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:06 am

Qphoria wrote:Video Tutorials
http://qphoria.blip.tv/

1. How to upload folders and files to your server using FTP (Be sure to watch in fullscreen)
This covers the basics of unzipping the package and uploading the files to your server. Even covers how to download and use a simple FTP program. The video has full audio. You do NOT need to copy each file separately. Just copy the parent directories over the top of the same directories on the server. See the video for details.
Do we get to see you on this video? If not, I don't really want to watch it.

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by Avvici » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:48 am

That was a joke Q lol.

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by nagoyajin » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:10 pm

A how to video for setting up mail notifications would be a great topic. Pointing out some common configuration problems/solutions and info on why and how to use smpt instead of default php mail setting.

Post by jeff081 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:50 pm

Very nice video.

Post by John7 » Mon May 06, 2013 2:17 am

Thanks

Post by bestwebs1 » Fri May 17, 2013 4:36 pm

Very nice video

Video quality is also good

BestWebsitesDesigner.com Provides affordable OpenCart Development with 5 years experienced OpenCart Developer.

Post by Kevin3 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:24 pm

You can add more videos on your e-commerce website and advertise it through any method and you will get high sales.

Buy Real Facebook Likes

Location - New York,USA