Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:43 am

nortski wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:34 am
Hi,
There appears to be a slight bug concerning the 'description(en)' field when I download my product catalogue. On some of my items it will repeat what's in the description multiple times underneath each other. Rather annoying as this means I have to check out every item to see if it has been affected.
Use OpenOffice or LibreOffice to open the XLSX file, could be a bug in MSExcel.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by salwa123 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:16 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:46 pm
About the option_value_names: Do an Export of the option definitions and then check to make sure their names don't contain leading or trailing blank characters.
this is right okey

Post by nortski » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:45 am

JNeuhoff wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:43 am
nortski wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:34 am
Hi,
There appears to be a slight bug concerning the 'description(en)' field when I download my product catalogue. On some of my items it will repeat what's in the description multiple times underneath each other. Rather annoying as this means I have to check out every item to see if it has been affected.
Use OpenOffice or LibreOffice to open the XLSX file, could be a bug in MSExcel.
Hi. OpenOffice is the program that I opened it in initially. This is where the bug occurs, seems to open fine in Excel.

The Alt Box, built using Opencart 2.0.3.1.

Post by norbertm81 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:13 pm

Hi everybody!
I am quite new here and i have a problem with the product import.

The error is quite simple ;D ... but still is anoying as i have no idea why i do receive this error.

2017-10-16 9:44:54 - Export/Import: Missing product_ids in worksheet 'Products'!

Anybody has any idea why i do receive this error? If i save the excel sheet with product id or without id i receive the same error.
No idea what to modify.

Any help is welcome.

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:29 pm

norbertm81 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:13 pm
Hi everybody!

The error is quite simple ;D ... but still is anoying as i have no idea why i do receive this error.

2017-10-16 9:44:54 - Export/Import: Missing product_ids in worksheet 'Products'!

Anybody has any idea why i do receive this error? If i save the excel sheet with product id or without id i receive the same error.
No idea what to modify.

Any help is welcome.
The product_ids are required. If you still get this error it could be because of hidden trailing blank lines in the worksheet, caused by a bug in MS Excel, in which case you should use LibreOffice or OpenOffice to save the file again.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by norbertm81 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:25 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:29 pm
norbertm81 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:13 pm
Hi everybody!

No idea what to modify.

Any help is welcome.
The product_ids are required. If you still get this error it could be because of hidden trailing blank lines in the worksheet, caused by a bug in MS Excel, in which case you should use LibreOffice or OpenOffice to save the file again.
Thanks for your reply! I already made a try with OpenOffice and i have the same error.. i will try with LibreOffice too.

Post by fungandrew » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:31 am

Hello,

I am using Export/Import Tool (V3.11) for OpenCart 2.3.0.2. It worked fine before (export and import I mean). Recently I got the error "The page you requested cannot be found" when I try to import the product and catgory csv file using incremental import. We checked the Opencart error log but nothing there. Is there anything that we can check for the problem ? Any idea for this issue ? The product CSV file just contains around 500+ products so I believe it should not be related to the Excel file size

Andrew

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:20 pm

fungandrew wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:31 am
Hello,

I am using Export/Import Tool (V3.11) for OpenCart 2.3.0.2. It worked fine before (export and import I mean). Recently I got the error "The page you requested cannot be found" when I try to import the product and catgory csv file using incremental import. We checked the Opencart error log but nothing there. Is there anything that we can check for the problem ? Any idea for this issue ? The product CSV file just contains around 500+ products so I believe it should not be related to the Excel file size

Andrew
Sorry, can't help you, you simply don't provide enough information, unable to reproduce your error. Besides, the Export/Import tool only supports XLSX or ODS, not CSV. It's probably best to do a complete re-install.

Guru Member

Post by boyjah » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:52 am

I have just installed this on OpenCart Version 3.0.2.0 and installation shows as succesful. I refreshed the Modifications cache where I can see Export/Import Tool (V3.18) for OpenCart 3.x is listed as a modification. But it does not show up under the System / Maintenance. I cleared browser cache and logged out then logged back in to OpenCart and refreshed Modifications again but Export/Import tool is still not visible.

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:05 am

Please follow the install instructions, you must have missed out on an install step.

Guru Member

Post by boyjah » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:52 am

I followed installation instructions exactly and I have successfully installed this extension previously in OpenCart 2.x so I know that it works. Looking at the contents of the "upload" folder, it seems that folders/paths maybe do not match with current OpenCart configuration? For example "controller" or "model" contains subdirectory of "extension" and then just the file. It does not specify which OpenCart subdirectory inside "extension" that it should go to (for example, module or feed or analytics).

Post by goatroth » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:12 am

I’m running OC 3.0.1.1 with E/I v3.18 and I cannot import full list of ~2200 product attributes. Same issue with any file format. Can export and re-import database contents fine, including with changes to products. Can import partial list of attributes fine, but inconsistently - sometime <50 works sometimes 20 works, sometimes none. Had thought I could incrementally load them up, but after a few trials, only most recent is showing even if select Incremental Import. Get same error message that there are validation errors and to check the log, but the log is always blank. Have tried rename error.log and create new blank file with no change. As the same list sometimes imports and sometimes doesn’t, this can’t be an issue with a missing / incorrect field - I’ve also gone through very carefully every row to check if any error.

Post by nortski » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:01 am

I am having a problem when importing product filters. If a filer name has an & or a " it will not insert the filter for the product even though I am not given an error when importing the Excel file.

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:01 pm

nortski wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:01 am
I am having a problem when importing product filters. If a filer name has an & or a " it will not insert the filter for the product even though I am not given an error when importing the Excel file.
Now fixed, thank you for posting this issue. Please try the latest V3.19 of the Export/Import tool.

Guru Member

Post by nortski » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:00 am

JNeuhoff wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:01 pm
nortski wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:01 am
Now fixed, thank you for posting this issue. Please try the latest V3.19 of the Export/Import tool.
Thank you, I will check it out shortly.

Post by paul_232 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:06 pm

Hi, Trying to install the above but we are getting the attached error

Attachments

Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 09.02.54.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 09.02.54.png (53.52 KiB) Viewed 7344 times

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:14 pm

paul_232 wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:06 pm
Hi, Trying to install the above but we are getting the attached error
You need to sort out your OpenCart extension installer, otherwise you won't be able to install any extensions via it. See http://docs.opencart.com/extension/installer/ for more details on how to configure it, especially for the FTP settings.

Guru Member

Post by LDeeJay » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:47 am

I just did an install of the 3.19 version of Export/Import on a fresh installation of OC 3.0.2.0. The standard installation through Extensions/Marketplace/Install gives me a "Signature hash does not match!" and does not install.
Downloading the zip and uploading it with Extensions/Installer/Upload does work and checking with my FTP client all files are at the right location on the server but the option Export/Import does not show up under System/Maintenance.

So I unzipped the files and checked the install.xml. This file shows two edits in two column_left.php files. These edits are not processed properly (maybe the [CDATA] ?) but after editing the two files manually with the updates from install.xml, the option appears on the left under System/Maintenance. So far, so good.

Trying to execute a product export from the fresh installation, I get an "Could not close zip file php://output." I've read that this could have to do with folder rights but there's plenty of access to /tmp.

Is it a rights problem? Is it an installation issue? Does all of the above have to do with rights control? Any suggestions?
Thanks for your time.

Léon

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:41 pm

As regards the "Could not close zip file php://output." error, see

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/214 ... php-output

The install.xml works fine, it has been tested on standard OpenCart versions, you probably didn't follow the installation instructions as shown on the OpenCart marketplace page for the Export/Import product.

Guru Member

Post by LDeeJay » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:56 am

You're right, installation now works ok. Not sure what happened.
As for the php://output." error, I changed

Code: Select all

$pFilename = @tempnam(PHPExcel_Shared_File::sys_get_temp_dir(), 'phpxltmp');
to

Code: Select all

$pFilename = 'c:\tmp\phpxltmp';
in /system/library/export_import/Classes/PHPExcel/Writer/Excel2007.php and now all seems to work just fine.

Thanks for this fantastic add-on. It saves me entering 1000+ products by hand. Great work!

Léon