Post by robsworld78 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:12 am

Hi, I have a problem that showed up a while ago and I can't find where to fix it.

If I add items to the shopping cart they show up in the cart however when I delete a product from the shopping cart the page doesn't refresh like it use to. The item is removed from the cart as it should be and the cart button in the header updates as it should, only the screen doesn't refresh, I have to do it manually with the refresh button.

I'm running v2.0.3.1 with default theme.

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:45 am

read this, just to make sure: ;)
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=146489
Ernie
ipc.li/cart/

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by robsworld78 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:44 pm

Hi, no that didn't help. I've discovered it has something to do with "Use SEO URLs" in the server settings. When I turn this on the feature works however that's when the shopping cart stops refreshing after removing an item.

Any ideas?

Post by robsworld78 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:06 pm

No one else has had this when turning on SEO URL's? I'm hoping to go live this week but need this resolved.

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:35 am

Then, the cart stops refreshing, because it cannot find it's own 'Link-place' again, because it's not defined, by the SEO-URL Setup.

Personally, I'm very new in this SEO thing, I was surprised, finding such a huge amount of Mod's, and all full of advertising, to 'link them all'. Therefore, I always figured, that this 'Problem' has not been solved in the first Place, in full, and put this as to be one of my 'last' Job's, to find out about.

Just change it back, if you need your Shop to go online soon, until someone finds a 'final' Solution for this, possibly in the next v.2.x Version.

I would add it to the OpenCart Github.com Section, then, at least, the Pro's will look into it!

https://github.com/opencart/opencart/commits/master

Good Luck
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by ForgetfulGuru » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:26 am

Is there any update on this issue?
Or are we all to update opencart and loose the use of half our add-ons agains

Life is for the taking. It's everything else you need to pay for.
Anne Makes Lovely Candles

Location - Left hand corner as you enter the room, better feng shui.

Post by jcusters » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:01 pm

I use this simple workaround in account/cart.tpl to solve this:

Code: Select all

<button type="button" data-toggle="tooltip" title="<?php echo $button_remove; ?>" class="btn btn-danger" onclick="cart.remove('<?php echo $product['key']; ?>');"><i class="fa fa-times-circle"></i></button></span></div></td>

<button type="button" data-toggle="tooltip" title="<?php echo $button_remove; ?>" class="btn btn-danger" onclick="cart.remove('<?php echo $product['key']; ?>'); location.reload();"><i class="fa fa-times-circle"></i></button></span></div></td>
--> add location.reload(); in onclick event.

Post by ForgetfulGuru » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:48 am

Hi Thanks that worked a treat for me! ;D
Hopefully you mean to change the text in checkout/cart.tpl and not account/cart.tpl 8)

Life is for the taking. It's everything else you need to pay for.
Anne Makes Lovely Candles

Location - Left hand corner as you enter the room, better feng shui.

Post by PaiMei » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:56 pm

Doesn't work for my 2.0.2.0...

Java Decompiler

Post by ocdev » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:20 am

Works for me on v2.3.0.2

You have to wonder why this has not been corrected yet?

Thoughts?

Location - Texas

Post by saliverdim » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:19 pm

2.1 help me please
journaş

Post by waghelak » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:46 am

Hello,

I am having same issue but using a custom theme and coding is slightly different, can someone help to identify where I can add the reload command on this?

<td class="quantity">
            <input type="text" name="quantity[<?php echo $product['cart_id']; ?>]" value="<?php echo $product['quantity']; ?>" size="1" />
             <a onclick="$('#basket').submit();" data-tooltip="<?php echo $button_update; ?>" class="sq_icon"><i class="fa fa-refresh"></i></a>
             </td>

Post by straightlight » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:10 am

waghelak wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:46 am
Hello,

I am having same issue but using a custom theme and coding is slightly different, can someone help to identify where I can add the reload command on this?

<td class="quantity">
            <input type="text" name="quantity[<?php echo $product['cart_id']; ?>]" value="<?php echo $product['quantity']; ?>" size="1" />
             <a onclick="$('#basket').submit();" data-tooltip="<?php echo $button_update; ?>" class="sq_icon"><i class="fa fa-refresh"></i></a>
             </td>
OC version?

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by hobbykit » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:29 pm

I have the same problem, but for me the file does not match the above.
This is my file:

<button type="button" data-toggle="tooltip" title="<?php echo $button_remove; ?>" class="btn btn-danger" onclick="cart.remove('<?php echo $product['cart_id']; ?>');"><i class="fa fa-times-circle"></i></button></span></div></td>
And when I add this "location.reload ();" did not work. The difference is that instead of 'key' there is 'cart_id'.
Default theme. OpenCart 2.3.0.2.