Post by 4elements » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:28 am

Opencart is calculating the totals correctly, but when I submit to PayPal, PayPal logins in correctly and shows the correct owners email address but shows $0.00 for the total. Any Ideas of what I missed, this is my 5th Opencart install for 5 different clients and no problems until now.

Thank You!

Post by straightlight » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:26 am

Which Opencart version are you using? Do you notice any errors in the PayPal error logs from the admin-end?

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by 4elements » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:50 am

What I found out was that PayPal doesn't like long named options with up charge prices. I shorten the long one and it then went through to PayPal with no problem.

Post by straightlight » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:52 pm

4elements wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:50 am
What I found out was that PayPal doesn't like long named options with up charge prices. I shorten the long one and it then went through to PayPal with no problem.
This may be an issue that may need to be addressed. Could you provide the maximum characters that you entered in order for PayPal to consider the transaction?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by platypuspuzzles » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:27 am

This is the same issue I've been having since late August, on Opencart 2.2.0.0 but I've had no reply to my bug notification post.

PayPal stated it was an issue with Opencart not sending the data across, but this makes sense if theyre no longer accepting certain data.

How can we fix this?

Post by straightlight » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:36 pm

By knowing the maximum long names that could be set (perhaps geographically?), this could definitely be fixed in future releases of Opencart.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON