Post by khinkle » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:58 am

Hello Open Cart Community,
I am new to using open cart and have viewed multiple demonstrations yet I am having issues with a few things (or if they are not possible please tell me).
1.) Besides items with just one fixed price, my company does custom orders and custom pricing; is there a way to add a product as just "custom order" where I can manually enter in a price at checkout or change the price when using this same "product" for a different customer?
2.) My business has multiple vendors, is there anyway I can import invoices from another vendor from my email or excel or pdf etc., and add it as a product or simply as a charge to my shopping cart as a one time thing?
3.) Does this open cart site allow for any CRM or sales tracking/management? I want to know if I place the order for the company if I can track the sale so that we know a certain affiliate is linked to a customer.
4.) For a rewards program, I want to add points for customers to use as redemption towards purchases. Is there a way I can set up an automatic, point per dollar (i.e.) setup to automatically add and save points based off of the customer information entered/account?
Any and all help is appreciated. I am a one man show and trying to work this business site together and it can get pretty frustrating pretty quick.
Thank you

Post by yodapt » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:05 am

1) Yes, with an extension, possibly like this : https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=25179
2) Yes, check in the marketplace for the software name you use (https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... /extension)
3) Yes, there are extensions for that as well, some with functionality to create your own template for data import
4) Yes, it comes with Opencart by default

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com

Post by khinkle » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:46 am

Thank you Yodat. I will definitely look in to more plug ins to see how that makes things easier. Do you know where I can view demonstrations on how to use plug ins before I buy them? Need to make sure that the plug in will do what I am looking for it to do.

Thanks

Post by yodapt » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:52 am

Some extension authors offer a demo link in the page to test it out, that's the best you get.

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com

Post by khinkle » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:31 am

Again thanks for the quick support that has been being given; I have been using an electronic quote form from Joist it allows for electronic signature; is there a plug in or way for me to import the information off of the generated quote as a custom order? I have seen where I can import/export information via excel but not other avenues. Again, thank you.

Post by straightlight » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:37 am

khinkle wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:31 am
Again thanks for the quick support that has been being given; I have been using an electronic quote form from Joist it allows for electronic signature; is there a plug in or way for me to import the information off of the generated quote as a custom order? I have seen where I can import/export information via excel but not other avenues. Again, thank you.
You can export the orders from Joist over CSV files and import the CSV data into Opencart by choosing the extension of your choice from the marketplace. :)

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON