Post by arhatron » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:19 pm

What are the status meaning? I have googled a lot, but didn't find a full explanation.
1 Pending
2 Processing
5 Complete
15 Processed
3 Shipped

(When the customer go to payment step, an order record is created in order table, with order_status_id = 0.)

I guess:

Pending
Waiting for customer to confirm. No any action for payment.

Processing
Customer has started to pay. I have a payment module in my country, lets call it "ecpay". When the customer choose the payment, then choose ATM(or Credit card), click continue, then ecpay add an order history, change the order status to "Processing", and provide the website's bank account to customer. (Now customer has a bank account.)

Complete
Maybe one or three days later, the customer pays, , the "ecpay" will send some information through api, change the order status to be 5.

Shipped
When the products are shipped, administrators go to admin, change status to be this.

So, "Complete" does not actually mean the order is totally complete, just mean that the payment is complete. "Shipped" does, this is the final status, if every thing runs well. By the way, the payment module ecpay doesn't use "Pending".

Maybe in Paypal module, when customer confirms the order on Paypal's website, Paypal change the status to be Pending, and waiting someone go to opencart admin to confirm the order. When opencart admin confirm the order again, the status becomes Pending, or Processing. Is it right? I just guess.

Can someone tell me more? And what is Processed?
Last edited by arhatron on Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:27 pm

I agree it would be useful to have official definitions of how these should be used correctly ...

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by thekrotek » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:33 pm

You can delete all the order statuses and create your own ones. Or just rename them and leave only the ones you need. There's no point in trying to waste your time on trying to understand the names, somebody else gave.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by arhatron » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:15 am

There is an example I have said. The module use order status 2 and 5, hard coded. So you can't just say you can create any status you like. And sometimes customers ask, what is processing, what is processed, what is reversed.... Each time I gave different answers.

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:43 pm

arhatron wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:15 am
There is an example I have said. The module use order status 2 and 5, hard coded. So you can't just say you can create any status you like. And sometimes customers ask, what is processing, what is processed, what is reversed.... Each time I gave different answers.
Exactly, and they seem to relate to PayPal statuses.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom