Post by NoExtraTime » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:38 pm

Hello,

I am beginning to build in eBay integration into Opencart for a client of mine, for example, from the new/edit item admin page, you could take all the data for all the items info and submit an auction directly to eBay, then have an admin module that would oversee your whole eBay account's items up for auction/ ending times/ # of bidders/ current price/ etc. This is a huge time saver for store owners to put items in their store, then double the effectiveness with one-click submit to ebay... two places for one set of effort!

Is there any interest for this anybody?

Can anybody give me any thoughts or ideas that would make this awesome?

Thanks,

Josh
Last edited by i2Paq on Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic moved

Currently developing an awesome eBay integration extension for Open Cart
Demo is Live!
You can checkout screenshots and other development status on my website

Post by comiclair » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:15 pm

Josh
Does the module monitor if the item sells on the site or on ebay and if so will it take it down from ebay and subtract from the database? Do you have a way to import all your items listed on ebay so it would populate a web store instantly or is it just from store to ebay? The items from the web store go up as auctions or can they go up as fix prices for 30days or your choosing of time frame for listing

Thanks
Chad

Location - Trenton, NJ

Post by richard211986 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:23 pm

ability to change the prices for both webstore and ebay would be great too :) id love to see this functionality for opencart.

Post by NoExtraTime » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:50 pm

comiclair wrote:Does the module monitor if the item sells on the site or on ebay and if so will it take it down from ebay and subtract from the database?
Yes, I am thinking it will also create an order through the OC system, and therefore maintain the integrity of OC's reporting as well as stock counts. Also, it will generate an invoice and packing slip.
comiclair wrote: Do you have a way to import all your items listed on ebay so it would populate a web store instantly or is it just from store to ebay?
Just from store to ebay. Cant extract relevant or enough data from existing ebay items to populate necessary fields for store.
comiclair wrote:The items from the web store go up as auctions or can they go up as fix prices for 30days or your choosing of time frame for listing
You will have the choice on a per item basis what duration you want the auction to go for/ and if it will be fixed price and if you want Buy It Now enabled, as well as other optional options.

Thanks for those good questions, please let me know if you can come up with any more!

Thanks,

Josh

Demo is Live!

Post by NoExtraTime » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:21 pm

richard211986 wrote:ability to change the prices for both webstore and ebay would be great too :) id love to see this functionality for opencart.
You'll be setting the ebay data and details and submitting to ebay (when you click a "submit to ebay" button, not the same as "saving" you item. So you can save your item and come back at another time to submit to eBay if you wanted) right in the same item entry/edit screen as normal, and you'll be able to still price your store item however you want and independently choose the beginning price as well as But It Now price (if you want to use that)

Screenshot (so far...):

Let me know if you have any other ideas or questions! Thanks!

Josh

Demo is Live!

Post by comiclair » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:47 am

I see the snap shot done as an auction with a BIN which looks good . I wanted to know if you do it as a fixed listing is there going to be a button for best offer . Also what OC version or versions will this be for

thanks

Location - Trenton, NJ

Post by NoExtraTime » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:12 pm

comiclair wrote:I see the snap shot done as an auction with a BIN which looks good .
The BIN will be optional of course, leave it blank and it won't put it in the auction.
comiclair wrote:I wanted to know if you do it as a fixed listing is there going to be a button for best offer.
I am going to include hopefully every option you would get if you went and did it right on ebay, including fixed price, multiple qty's, best offer option, etc.

I am going to post a full feature list in the next day or so.
comiclair wrote:Also what OC version or versions will this be for
This will work guaranteed on 1.4.7, but I'm hoping to keep it compatible back to 1.4.x.

Thanks,

Josh

Demo is Live!

Post by richard211986 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:38 am

i have a html template for my ebay store, would the text be able to be inserted into the main text box on the template or is the ebay integration not suitable for submitting products into pre designed templates?

Post by NoExtraTime » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:47 am

richard211986 wrote:i have a html template for my ebay store, would the text be able to be inserted into the main text box on the template or is the ebay integration not suitable for submitting products into pre designed templates?
Fantastic question! It will use a template system, and you will insert tags into your ebay template file (html file) and it will populate your template accordingly.

tag example:

Code: Select all

some html
<?php echo $ebay_main_description ?>
some html
Josh
Last edited by NoExtraTime on Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Demo is Live!

Post by richard211986 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:00 pm

how much is this going to cost us :D?

Post by NoExtraTime » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:18 am

What's a fair price? What would you pay for this?

Demo is Live!

Post by Xsecrets » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:58 am

NoExtraTime wrote:What's a fair price? What would you pay for this?
oh boy this should be interesting.
lets see if our old friend who claimed no mod should be more than $2 comes back. ;D

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by NoExtraTime » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:35 am

Yeah, I am not even sure if I want to charge for it....

Maybe I might make a regular basic version for free and a packed full featured version for $5... ????

How about this: anybody that posts an idea/ suggestion/ comment etc. in this thread will definitely get the full best version for free! :)

Demo is Live!

Post by comiclair » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:40 am

I think for $5 nobody is going to complain. We all have bought stuff before because it was a deal....or maybe that is just my wife buying habits.

Location - Trenton, NJ

Post by richard211986 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:47 pm

for 5 bucks no body will complain at all and if they do, then they wont know what they are missing out on to be honest lol as this saves alot of time and we all know time = money :D

Post by trejster » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:15 pm

This is an excellent idea I bet there are loads of sellers with opencart stores and ebay stores crying out for this kind of integration!

It would be awesome if the stock quantity stayed in sync between the two aswell. Maybe you could have a seperate orders grid in admin for ebay so that should an item sell on ebay you can see the sale in admin?

Post by shoo002 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:22 pm

Great idea for mod, looking forward to its release.

And no i think thats a reasonable price.

Good work.

Stewart

Post by NoExtraTime » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:10 pm

I agree... People use opencart because they sell stuff, people who sell stuff often find eBay is a great additional tool to sell stuff to a different and huge audience, so spend your time entering all your item's info ONCE and and have your efforts get DOUBLED! That's great efficiency! :o You will make your money back when one item sells on ebay....

New feature addition: input a UPC into UPC field (this will be a new field), click a button and ajax will go to ebay and grab their "predifined" description, title, pic, etc. and it will populate into the item entry form. The feature will be there and you can use it if you want or not.

After I'm done with this badboy, I'm creating the same thing for amazon....

Demo is Live!

Post by NoExtraTime » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:16 pm

trejster wrote:It would be awesome if the stock quantity stayed in sync between the two aswell.

Yes, when an item sells on ebay it will deduct the qty from your store inventory, this way you dont sell something you dont have.... (I guess this also points out that if your last store item sells it would need to cancel the auction... :-\ , I'll have to do that too.....)
trejster wrote:Maybe you could have a seperate orders grid in admin for ebay so that should an item sell on ebay you can see the sale in admin?
There will be a new item in your drop down menu under extenstions->eBay, and from this page you will manage your eBay item template, manage your eBay credentials and other default info, and you will see all current running auctions and each of their details.

Also, when you view an item in the edit item screen, under the ebay tab, there will be a status sub-tab where you will see that item's current status (# bids, current price, time left, etc...)

This way contextually you will see the right information in the right places.

Josh

Demo is Live!

Post by comiclair » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:57 pm

Josh
Will the module have the capability to calculate the ebay fee before it is post? I know when I use a listing prg for ebay it is a 2 step process for the listing . The first step checks the listing and if you add extras and shows what the fee would be then the 2nd step is the upload/confirm which means you are accepting everything.

Chad

Location - Trenton, NJ